License Backup

I am new to Windows XP and realize that I should be
backing up my license. The "Help and Support says that I
need to go to TOOL and on the menu select License....

Where is TOOLS? I looked on TOOLS in the control panel
but there is no reference to License. Wher is the TOOLS
menu item they are talking about?

Marty

Help and Support in this case is referring to Licenses for Windows Media
Player files.

Licensed or protected files are digital media files that are secured with a
license to prevent illegal distribution. The license can specify whether it
expires and how you can use the file. For example, a license can specify
whether you can copy the file to a portable device. The terms of the license
are specified by the person or company that provided the file. Windows Media
Player cannot play protected files without a license.

If this is what you are looking for, open WMP and right-click on the Menu Bar
and select Tools>Mangae Licenses.

I have a strong hunch this is not what you mean.

Gord

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:28:20 -0700, "MartyK"