License Backup

I am new to Windows XP and realize that I should be
backing up my license. The "Help and Support says that I
need to go to TOOL and on the menu select License....

Where is TOOLS? I looked on TOOLS in the control panel
but there is no reference to License. Wher is the TOOLS
menu item they are talking about?
1 answer Last reply
More about license backup

    Marty

    Help and Support in this case is referring to Licenses for Windows Media
    Player files.

    Licensed or protected files are digital media files that are secured with a
    license to prevent illegal distribution. The license can specify whether it
    expires and how you can use the file. For example, a license can specify
    whether you can copy the file to a portable device. The terms of the license
    are specified by the person or company that provided the file. Windows Media
    Player cannot play protected files without a license.

    If this is what you are looking for, open WMP and right-click on the Menu Bar
    and select Tools>Mangae Licenses.

    I have a strong hunch this is not what you mean.

    Gord

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:28:20 -0700, "MartyK"

    >I am new to Windows XP and realize that I should be
    >backing up my license. The "Help and Support says that I
    >need to go to TOOL and on the menu select License....
    >
    >Where is TOOLS? I looked on TOOLS in the control panel
    >but there is no reference to License. Wher is the TOOLS
    >menu item they are talking about?

Backup Microsoft License Windows XP