HP LaserJet 2550L Page Counts?

How might I look at the toner cartridge and drum page counts on an HP
LaserJet 2550L color printer? The printer is connected to a server running
Windows Server 2003 via a parallel port. I've loaded all the drivers from
HP, and would like advanced warning when one of these counts might stop the
printer from working. Purchasing all four toner cartridges and drums costs
about the same a buying a whole new printer! I would prefer to buy only what
is needed when it is necessary.

Thanks,
Gary Serrino

Gary Serrino wrote:
> How might I look at the toner cartridge and drum page counts on an HP
> LaserJet 2550L color printer? The printer is connected to a server running
> Windows Server 2003 via a parallel port. I've loaded all the drivers from
> HP, and would like advanced warning when one of these counts might stop the
> printer from working. Purchasing all four toner cartridges and drums costs
> about the same a buying a whole new printer! I would prefer to buy only what
> is needed when it is necessary.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary Serrino

It's a shame you're not running a pritner with a network card in it as
the pritner has a web server in it which shows consumable life and
predictive ananlysis of consumable replacement. It woudl also be able to
send e-mails at particular trigger points to inform you of what is
needed. As you're running on the parallel port then you'll need to print
off configuration sheets manually which show the same information but on
a printed page.

--
Mushroom

Mushroom,

Thanks for the info. We just use the printer at home, so the network option
did not seem that appealing at the time.

How would I print the configuration sheets manually? I've tried the usual
test page that Windows sends to printers to make sure they are installed
properly, but see no information on the page counts. Similarly, I can get
the printer to print it's introductory page, but again there's no
information on the four cartridges or drum counts.

Best Regards,
Gary