Lion

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2005
Am I able to use the Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition on my GA-81945PL-G?
Thanks For your help

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Which Pentium 4 Extreme Edition?

He didn't ask for Intel® Pentium® 4 processor Extreme Edition supporting Hyper-Threading Technology , he asked for Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition

"Lion": i think the motherboard you are telling is an Intel 945PL chipset, well... Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition is not compatible with 945PL chipset... it requires..

Intel® 975X Express chipset Or
Intel® 955X Express Chipset

so no luck here!

see it for yourself here

Lion

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2005
Dang, looks like I'm out to buy myself a 3.2 GHz Dual core processor, *sigh* still it isn’t that bad at all.
Hey thanks for that zarooch! :D out of all the post's I've made although not that many that had to be the most helpful thanks allot!

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Dang, looks like I'm out to buy myself a 3.2 GHz Dual core processor, *sigh* still it isn’t that bad at all.
Hey thanks for that zarooch! :D out of all the post's I've made although not that many that had to be the most helpful thanks allot!

well i'll suggest go for Intel Pentium D 930 (best bang for buck)... or 940 ... choose anyone and sure isn't bad!... Anytime!

joset

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
He didn't ask for Intel® Pentium® 4 processor Extreme Edition supporting Hyper-Threading Technology , he asked for Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition

Now, that's what I call "extreme care", using the Registered Mark ® on the branding! BTW, "Extreme Edition" is a TradeMark... :wink:

P.S.: Sorry for the remark; I'm a designer. :D

Cheers!