The Ultimate X1900XT card on the Planet!

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Except for my girlfriend (with minimal clothes on), that is the most beautiful thing i have seen for a while!!!!!! 8O
I want it!!!!!!!!

*Mouth hanging open, drule running down face :p :p :p

RichPLS

Champion
Reviews are claiming it cools 10C lower than stock, and on top of that it is quieter than stock cooling, and still blows hot air out rear of case.

This should allow you to get some good overclocks, or just run stable and cool at the core speed of 690MHz and 1600MHz memory, which I have no problems doing with my HiS X1800XT.

It also is the most stylin and profilin cooler made to date for the X1900's.

wstcoaster07

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I think i will deffinitely be going with the HIS IceQ3 x1900xtx in july when i build my new sis. Was going to go with the saphire toxic but this sounds like a better option to me.

johnyb

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Understood, it does seem to keep the card as cool as the stock cooler inspite of that.
My concern is more with the loudness of the card, Is the his cooling solution louder than the acelerox2?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I think it's cooler is good enough, like the Artic Cooling Silencer it blows the hot air out. I tried hooking up mine with the AC Silencer but it was too big and it didn't fit with my sli setup. Anyways that's a nice card.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
The Ultimate X1900XT card on the Planet!

The one I have been waiting for!!! It will make my A8R32-MVP very happy, and put a fuzzy warm glow on the Opteron 175 overclocked to 2.64GHz

Can I have your X1800XT? Please? I'm a starving student who just dropped $350 replacing a CPU/PSU/mobo, and I have a really crappy graphics card. I've almost sucked enough d!ck$ to purchase a copy of Oblivion, and I'll pay for the shipping. If you really want it, I'll even send you my X600, a crap 300W PSU, a fried P4 540, and a dead HP proprietary mobo.

This whole post is a joke; I love my X600, and I'd never give it to anyone. Oh, and I don't suck d!ck$

HA_ZEE

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
I used a cheaper X1900XT and put the zalman 900 cooler on it (has heat pipes). I was able to max out the oc utility that came with the ATI drivers with no artifacts in BF2 after 3 hours. The Zalman is very quiet. Also used a PCI fan to blow on the card and exhaust the air out the rear of the case through the PCI slot. A couple weeks with this card and I am a HUGE ATI fan.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I used a cheaper X1900XT and put the zalman 900 cooler on it (has heat pipes). I was able to max out the oc utility that came with the ATI drivers with no artifacts in BF2 after 3 hours. The Zalman is very quiet. Also used a PCI fan to blow on the card and exhaust the air out the rear of the case through the PCI slot. A couple weeks with this card and I am a HUGE ATI fan.

That's a nice cooler. I'm going to get the Zalman 700 for my X600. If you've maximized that OC utility, try going higher with ATITool.

linux_0

Splendid
lol

Can't wait to get Oblivion myself.

Anyone want to buy a kidney?

OK; two things:
1) I don't think that Oblivion runs on Linux
2) I don't want to buy your kidney

lmao.gif

Good one! :lol:

RichPLS

Champion
Understood, it does seem to keep the card as cool as the stock cooler inspite of that.
My concern is more with the loudness of the card, Is the his cooling solution louder than the acelerox2?

The HiS IceQ3 cooler cools up to 10C lower than ATI's stock cooler, and is much quieter also...
Compared to the Accelero X2, the IceQ3 is a better overall design, imo. Plus you won't void your warranty changing out coolers...

johnyb

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
I found a good review
http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/342/1/

Looks like its about 8degrees cooler & averages about 43db.
43db is good, not silent but good.
What kind of db's are you guys getting with the acelero?

HA_ZEE

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006

That's a nice cooler. I'm going to get the Zalman 700 for my X600. If you've maximized that OC utility, try going higher with ATITool.

Thanks Ducky, will try the tool to see how it works on my set-up. :)