FS 2004 Display Problems

Last response: in Video Games
August 15, 2005 10:48:17 AM

I'm in need of some display help!? I have FS 2004 loaded on a brand
new Athlon64 3500+ with 2GB of RAM and a GeForce 6800GT PCIe video
card. I've been having all sorts of display problems in FS and no
matter what setting I play with I can't resolve the problem. The sim
works well for about 1 minute then produces all sorts of triangles and
blacks that totally distort all images. I took a screen shot to show
what I'm referring to and it can be found here
http://djfrustration.com/camera/flightsim/FS2004.jpg

Does anyone know whats going on? I made sure that I had the latest
nVidia drivers and I have tried many combos of settings on the drivers
and in FS2004 to no avail.

Thanks,

Ethan

More about : 2004 display problems

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 4:06:53 PM

I unchecked the overclocking feature on the nVidia drivers and I still
have the problem. I've turned the display settings all the way down to
minimal on the aircraft and texture and still have the problem. I'm
really frustrated.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 6:20:02 PM

<ethan.shapiro@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm in need of some display help!? I have FS 2004 loaded on a brand
> new Athlon64 3500+ with 2GB of RAM and a GeForce 6800GT PCIe video
> card. I've been having all sorts of display problems in FS and no
> matter what setting I play with I can't resolve the problem. The sim
> works well for about 1 minute then produces all sorts of triangles and
> blacks that totally distort all images. I took a screen shot to show
> what I'm referring to and it can be found here
> http://djfrustration.com/camera/flightsim/FS2004.jpg
>
> Does anyone know whats going on? I made sure that I had the latest
> nVidia drivers and I have tried many combos of settings on the drivers
> and in FS2004 to no avail.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ethan

Try an earlier set of drivers instead of the latest. There have been reports
of the 77. something or other drivers having problems.

FWIW, I use the 66.93 driver set on an MSI GF FX5700 card, no problems of
any kind. Running an Athlon 64 3200+.

HTH,
Paul
August 15, 2005 8:53:53 PM

Hi.

I don,t know if this helps. I am running a ATI Radeon 9800 pro graphic
card and i remember i had a program that followed this card where you
could adjust the clock and core speed of the card. If i adjusted
(espirimented a little back then) it to high i would start to get
artifacts - something like your screen shot (guess you call it this) and
got worse the more you "overclocked" the card (?) Can not remember the
name of this program, was a controll panel for this card that followed
the install cd....not using it now all though.

I don,t know if this is to any help, not so much into the technical
stuff of the computer, but maybe you can see if you find some place to
adjust the core or clock speed? But if you have not full around with
these speeds in the first place, then everything should have worked
find. Maybe something to do with the resolution setting ??

Just a few thoughts to maybe help you on the way.

John

ethan.shapiro@gmail.com skrev:
> I'm in need of some display help!? I have FS 2004 loaded on a brand
> new Athlon64 3500+ with 2GB of RAM and a GeForce 6800GT PCIe video
> card. I've been having all sorts of display problems in FS and no
> matter what setting I play with I can't resolve the problem. The sim
> works well for about 1 minute then produces all sorts of triangles and
> blacks that totally distort all images. I took a screen shot to show
> what I'm referring to and it can be found here
> http://djfrustration.com/camera/flightsim/FS2004.jpg
>
> Does anyone know whats going on? I made sure that I had the latest
> nVidia drivers and I have tried many combos of settings on the drivers
> and in FS2004 to no avail.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ethan

August 16, 2005 3:19:55 AM

You mentioned that the system is brand new and so one possibility is
that there is something wrong with the system itself.
1) When you run other programs (esp 3D games and other simulations), do
you experience any problem (esp graphic ones)?
2) run dxdiag to test your directX to make sure no problem there
3) latest driver usually works the best but it is not always the case.
Sometimes it is better to use an old (but not so old) driver because the
latest one may be an beta version which may have bugs not sorted out....

!