[Q] How to unlock DLink DVG-1402S VoIP router?

Last response: in Networking
December 30, 2004 6:16:18 AM

Hi,

I got a DLink DVG-1402S VoIP router sitting on my desk as a paper weight
unless someone out here knows the username/password to access the "Advanced"
menu to unlock the VoIP part to use with other provider, i.e. FWD, asterisk,
etc. Anyone?

Thanks.

--
Mazi
December 31, 2004 11:02:43 AM

Dunno if I can help but, have you taken it apart and seen what chips
bios it uses?

Do you know if there is any firmware available?

If its anything like the wrt54gs then you might be able to put it into a
dumb mode and tftp the latest firmware onto it and avoid the whole issue
of figuring out what the password is..

(might want to google tftp and wrt54g on dumb mode)

m.

Mazi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a DLink DVG-1402S VoIP router sitting on my desk as a paper weight
> unless someone out here knows the username/password to access the "Advanced"
> menu to unlock the VoIP part to use with other provider, i.e. FWD, asterisk,
> etc. Anyone?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Mazi

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 2:58:52 AM

Well, I did open one unit but don't remember which chipset it has. I reckon
it is possible I can re-open the unit and take a snapshot to post it here if
anyone is interested.

Originally, I posted here hoping someone who has this unit and subscribed to
Lingo service will repond to post the username and password here for others
to reset the unit. Well, it looks like this is not going to happen.

--
Mazi

"m" <googlenews@s2angel.com> wrote in message
> Dunno if I can help but, have you taken it apart and seen what chips
> bios it uses?
>
> Do you know if there is any firmware available?
>
> If its anything like the wrt54gs then you might be able to put it into a
> dumb mode and tftp the latest firmware onto it and avoid the whole issue
> of figuring out what the password is..
>
> (might want to google tftp and wrt54g on dumb mode)
>
> m.
>
> Mazi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got a DLink DVG-1402S VoIP router sitting on my desk as a paper weight
> > unless someone out here knows the username/password to access the
"Advanced"
> > menu to unlock the VoIP part to use with other provider, i.e. FWD,
asterisk,
> > etc. Anyone?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Mazi

January 1, 2005 2:58:53 AM

Well I don't sub to Lingo , but I do sub to Primus Talkbroadband, here
in Canada. Same thing probably. My unit is an 1120M. But the password
is "primusvoip".

Hope that helps eh!

"Mazi" <!spamMe@NoSpammer.Null> wrote in message
> Well, I did open one unit but don't remember which chipset it has. I
reckon
> it is possible I can re-open the unit and take a snapshot to post it
here if
> anyone is interested.
>
> Originally, I posted here hoping someone who has this unit and
subscribed to
> Lingo service will repond to post the username and password here for
others
> to reset the unit. Well, it looks like this is not going to happen.
>
> --
> Mazi
>

> "m" <googlenews@s2angel.com> wrote in message
> > Dunno if I can help but, have you taken it apart and seen what
chips
> > bios it uses?
> >
> > Do you know if there is any firmware available?
> >
> > If its anything like the wrt54gs then you might be able to put it
into a
> > dumb mode and tftp the latest firmware onto it and avoid the whole
issue
> > of figuring out what the password is..
> >
> > (might want to google tftp and wrt54g on dumb mode)
> >
> > m.
> >
> > Mazi wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I got a DLink DVG-1402S VoIP router sitting on my desk as a
paper weight
> > > unless someone out here knows the username/password to access
the
> "Advanced"
> > > menu to unlock the VoIP part to use with other provider, i.e.
FWD,
> asterisk,
> > > etc. Anyone?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mazi

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 7:32:25 PM

Hi Nelson,
Hi Nelson,

I appreciated your response and generouscity to share. Unfortunately, your
information did not help. Your system is different from mine -- a D-Link
DVG-1402S VoIP router -- where it asks for a "username" and "password" to
get into the "Advanced" menu (where I suspect the VoIP setup is). In your
case, you only needed the password without a username. BTW, what unit
name/brand is your 1120M?

--
Mazi

"B Nelson" <telecommunication@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Well I don't sub to Lingo , but I do sub to Primus Talkbroadband, here
> in Canada. Same thing probably. My unit is an 1120M. But the password
> is "primusvoip".
>
> Hope that helps eh!
>

> "Mazi" <!spamMe@NoSpammer.Null> wrote in message
> > Well, I did open one unit but don't remember which chipset it has. I
> reckon
> > it is possible I can re-open the unit and take a snapshot to post it
> here if
> > anyone is interested.
> >
> > Originally, I posted here hoping someone who has this unit and
> subscribed to
> > Lingo service will repond to post the username and password here for
> others
> > to reset the unit. Well, it looks like this is not going to happen.
> >
> > --
> > Mazi
> >

> > "m" <googlenews@s2angel.com> wrote in message
> > > Dunno if I can help but, have you taken it apart and seen what
> chips
> > > bios it uses?
> > >
> > > Do you know if there is any firmware available?
> > >
> > > If its anything like the wrt54gs then you might be able to put it
> into a
> > > dumb mode and tftp the latest firmware onto it and avoid the whole
> issue
> > > of figuring out what the password is..
> > >
> > > (might want to google tftp and wrt54g on dumb mode)
> > >
> > > m.

> paper weight
> the
> > "Advanced"
> FWD,
> > asterisk,

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 11:05:24 PM

Well, after doing much search on google, I found the username/password to
unlock my unit. For those who also use this device, you can go and read the
following link to get the username/password for your DVG-1042S VoIP router
that has a firmware L4.0S34 and boot rom L4.0B03:

http://voip-forum.tmcnet.com/voip-forum/forum/forum_pos...

--
Mazi

> Hi,
>
> I got a DLink DVG-1402S VoIP router sitting on my desk as a paper weight
> unless someone out here knows the username/password to access the
"Advanced"
> menu to unlock the VoIP part to use with other provider, i.e. FWD,
asterisk,
> etc. Anyone?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --