Faxing from Computer and Fax machine

September 19, 2004 11:05:44 AM

Is it possible to use both WinXP and and external Fax machine at the same
time? I'd like to be able to send (if i created the fax) and receive faxes,
store them on the computer and only print them if needed. I still need the
capability to send documents throughthe fax machine itself. I have a
dedicted phone line, if this helps. any pointers, or information sources
sure would be appreciated.

TIA

Ingit
September 19, 2004 11:05:45 AM

Ingit wrote:
: Is it possible to use both WinXP and and external Fax machine at the
: same time? I'd like to be able to send (if i created the fax) and
: receive faxes, store them on the computer and only print them if
: needed. I still need the capability to send documents throughthe fax
: machine itself. I have a dedicted phone line, if this helps. any
: pointers, or information sources sure would be appreciated.
:
: TIA
:
: Ingit
Just for starters they can not use the same phone line at same time.
They must take turns. Then which will answer for incoming? The built-in
XP fax service works but is not very good. So third part software or
internet fax service may be considered. Sorry not much help.
TonyS
!