Faxing from Computer and Fax machine

Is it possible to use both WinXP and and external Fax machine at the same
time? I'd like to be able to send (if i created the fax) and receive faxes,
store them on the computer and only print them if needed. I still need the
capability to send documents throughthe fax machine itself. I have a
dedicted phone line, if this helps. any pointers, or information sources
sure would be appreciated.

TIA

Ingit
1 answer Last reply
More about faxing computer machine

    Ingit wrote:
    : Is it possible to use both WinXP and and external Fax machine at the
    : same time? I'd like to be able to send (if i created the fax) and
    : receive faxes, store them on the computer and only print them if
    : needed. I still need the capability to send documents throughthe fax
    : machine itself. I have a dedicted phone line, if this helps. any
    : pointers, or information sources sure would be appreciated.
    :
    : TIA
    :
    : Ingit
    Just for starters they can not use the same phone line at same time.
    They must take turns. Then which will answer for incoming? The built-in
    XP fax service works but is not very good. So third part software or
    internet fax service may be considered. Sorry not much help.
    TonyS

Fax Computers Microsoft Windows XP