htoon

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
After reading the article on OCing the D805 beyond 4 GHz, I decided to try it, and to do a little research here in the forum on RAM first, because it's a void in my techie knowledge I'd like to fill. Specifically, I've read that XP will not recognise more than 3 gigabytes of RAM; not sure if that's true. Also, I'm not sure if buying superfast dual channel paired RAM is really that beneficial with this hardware.

I'm not sure why, but there was a thread in the 'memory' section all about the article. Fourteen pages, in fact. There was a great deal of discussion about which mobo's to use, and even more discussion about power consumption. Half of those posts were semi-flames, and the other half were mostly irrelevant.

All I'm trying to determine is how much RAM, and what type, to purchase. It's very confusing, unless you possess an Electronics Engineering degree. Oh, wait... I have one of those, and I'm still confused.

Are there any readers out there who can tell me, in one sentence, without describing their own system, and without suggesting alternate hardware than what I have chosen so far, what type of RAM to purchase- with price being of no importance?

Thermaltake TaiChi VBS5000 case
Hiper "R" 580 psu
ASUSTEK P5WD2-WS Premium
(-I plan on running the CPU at 4.0)

Hello

windows can take more than 3 gb . if you plan to overclock that high , you should use preminum ram like xms from corsair.

Thura.

AngryClown

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
As you mentioned there is a memory section of this forum.

USE IT.

As I also mentioned, the sections are apparently irrelevant, except to you. Your capitalization is very forceful, as well. I shook with fear when it jumped out at me like that. Have mercy!

{sarcasm}Thanks for your valuable input.{/end sarcasm}

I won't delete this, or move it, or even repost it in the proper place.

Why not get me banned or something, forum cop?

RichPLS

Champion
Tis a shame this is a tolerant forum where dikcheads like you are free to dis others and the forum rulez.
Even more of a shame is the fakt that you reap what you sow, good luck getting assistance from the pro's.

AngryClown

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Tis a shame this is a tolerant forum where dikcheads like you are free to dis others and the forum rulez.
Even more of a shame is the fakt that you reap what you sow, good luck getting assistance from the pro's.

Sticks and stones. I didn't dis anyone, but you just did. Hypocrite

RichPLS

Champion
I never claim to be other than what I am... which is an array of feelings and subject to life's frustrations and strifes such as any other may have, but alas, it is not I who created this thread requesting someones attention and expertise...

As I also mentioned, the sections are apparently irrelevant, except to you. Your capitalization is very forceful, as well. I shook with fear when it jumped out at me like that. Have mercy!

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I never claim to be other than what I am... which is an array of feelings and subject to life's frustrations and strifes such as any other may have, but alas, it is not I who created this thread requesting someones attention and expertise...

I hope there's "no way" this thread turns into a multi-page insult-fest. :?