I do not think we should stop giving Israel aid. They are a stable country who is a big ally of ours in a region which is very unstable and overall very hostile to the U.S. and its interests. They are quite valuable for that reason and worth our continued support. The other country we should be having a large presence in is Mexico, because they are a failed state immediately bordering the U.S. The discord in Mexico is obviously affecting us and spilling up into our country. As far as I can tell we do little with Mexico. Most of the rest of the countries we give aid to can either go take care of themselves (Europe) or can go pound sand (the Middle Eastern and African warlords/dictators.)

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
This is a bottom less pit giving billions of dollars to Israel every year. They are do dependent on us it is pathetic and they are getting to aggressive all the time.To much already I say. mexico is a different story indeed .

Whether you want to believe everything you hear from the MSM or not, and whether the MSM ignores certain stories or not, Israel is a very strategic entity for us and our foreign interests.
We also give alot of monies to other countries as well, some having next to no strategic interest, but each country needs to have its own thought out scenario, regarding humanitarian aid to pure strategic interests, such as Iraq during Husseins reign, which was mainly a counter balance away from Israel, and one against Iran at the time.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Israel will still get money asnd support from the US as long as thy represent our interests. They really are the stabilizing force in the middle east.

My concern is that we let the Israelis do whatever they want to the Palestinians just because we need them because of their strategic location.

They certainly do take their security seriously.

As when Israeli aircraft hit a munitions stockpile in Sudan in October 2012, apparently of Iranian weapons destined for Hamas in Gaza, Israel has again opted for ambiguity. It has banned military correspondents from saying whether it carried out the attack and has refrained from triumphalism, perhaps with the intention of calming the reactions of its foes. Unofficial reports from inside Israel say the raid occurred just inside the border with Syria, at the village of Nabi Chit, near the bigger Syrian town of Zabadani. The target was said to be a convoy of lorries carrying advanced surface-to-air missiles, which Israeli security people have described as “game-changing”. Syria’s state media have also accused Israel of bombing a “scientific research centre” near Damascus, which Western diplomats say had previously been blacklisted for seeking to produce weapons of mass destruction.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/pomegranate/2013/01/israel-v-syria

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

Of course taking reasonable steps to protect yourself is fine.

But after defending yourself maybe moving your people into NYC block by block and forcefully removing the people who had been living there might not be the best way to make friends.

Currently, no one sides with Syria, save for Iran.
Currently, very few to no one sides with Iran, guess they were made for each other.

Now, if this turns out to somehow be Israels fault for trying to defend themselves, guess what?
I just wont get it.
Escalations unfortunately may happen, but, as Ive always said to my somewhat pacisfist friends, if they keep hitting you in the face, at some point, you will hit back

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I won't not trust Benjamin N is a war hawk and could turn his back on us anytime.Again they never ever will give Palestine a chance to have their own state. This stinks in my opinion.

riser

Illustrious
I would like to believe if the people of Palestine stopped using violence, agreed to mutual terms, and both sides stopped with the hatred, a state could be created within a few years to a decade. While that is being formed, both sides would need to show their commitment to helping each other, reducing and elminating the violence, and overall resolving the issue.

If those could be the high level terms, I think a solution would be possible. Except I doubt that would ever stand before the violence kicked in.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
In all reality there will never be peace in the middle east account of there is no real co operation between these two states.Benjamin N again i say is a war hawk!

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
How can this be stopped than may i ask you? The CIA really?

For almost 2000 years there was no Israel, only a remnant of oppressed peoples, then it came about, after WWII, and the world hasnt seen peace there since.
They are like us the Israelis, didnt care for other countries politics and religions, often left with what was left, because we also didnt go along.
Its no wonder they also have a democracy like us, letting in the Christians and the Moslems into their politics, as they dont want others voices not to be heard, as do we

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
This is pretty sad news you just implied to me.We are heading no where I see.