Not_Less_Or_Equal BSOD in Windows 8

Mesden

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
I seem to be hitting the BSOD every thirty minutes or so caused by Storport.sys. It just says IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or something like that, then tells me it's going to restart. Any idea whether or not there is a fix to this for Windows 8?

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
What it has to do with is a software driver for a device, the driver is requesting what we call and a Irq number that is allocated by windows for a bit of hardware so it can talk to the Cpu. You have two bits of hardware requesting windows for the same Irq number to talk to the Cpu. This is causing a conflict and causing the driver to crash.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
What it has to do with is a software driver for a device, the driver is requesting what we call and a Irq number that is allocated by windows for a bit of hardware so it can talk to the Cpu. You have two bits of hardware requesting windows for the same Irq number to talk to the Cpu. This is causing a conflict and causing the driver to crash.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
You should have an error report in windows log, it will tell you the app name or the driver that failed. and with luck the error. Since I have not used windows 8, I would have a double check to see if you require a new driver to support the bit of hardware, once you find out through the windows error report what it is.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
You should have an error report in windows log, it will tell you the app name or the driver that failed. and with luck the error. Since I have not used windows 8, I would have a double check to see if you require a new driver to support the bit of hardware, once you find out through the windows error report what it is.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012