Acer Reveals Iconia W700P, W510P Windows 8 Pro Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimomatic

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Acer has finally excited me about a Windows 8 Tablet! I was holding out for the mention of a W700 that would include a dockable keyboard. My girlfriend has the Samsung Series 7 Slate with SB and loves it, but not having an attachable keyboard makes it difficult to use on the couch etc. This would be perfect! Let's hope for a price ~$1k to boot.

BringMeAnother

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I wonder if the W510P's keyboard is compatible with the W700. I would like a bigger screen and don't mind sacrificing portability a bit.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]_Pez_[/nom]No Apu?, then no thanks.[/citation]

honestly... what would you need that for? I can only think of Direct X games... but last time I checked Wow, CoD, and Battlefield don't really control well on tablets.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]frombehind[/nom]honestly... what would you need that for? I can only think of Direct X games... but last time I checked Wow, CoD, and Battlefield don't really control well on tablets.[/citation]

Just putting this out there, but the HD 4000 in every laptop Ivy Bridge chip (that I know of) is actually capable of playing games. Granted you'd have to lower the settings and resolution to get good framerates out of it but it is in fact possible to play Crysis 1 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.