RichPLS

Champion
For quality at an economy price, I would choose the Antec TruePower II 550watt PSU...

For Quality and Aesthetics, yet still at a reasonable price, I would choose the Fortron Epsilon 600watt, or the Epsilon 700watt, but I do not know of a PC that would need that much Power since the Epsilon can output its sustained actual rated power. More than enough for dual CPU plus SLI PC's running 4 hard drives in a RAID array, water cooled and TV card.

rahulhbk

Distinguished
May 14, 2006
Nice config man. Well i liked the look of that OCZ a lot and doolittle told me to get a good high rated PSU so i'm gonna go with that only. He advise about PC Power and Cooling but this seems just as good but much cheaper. Thx for the help mate. ANd if you come across any more reviews of this lemme kno. :D

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Well instead if starting a new thread ill just send this ttt , in hopes of getting more info on it. actual experience? The only thing i dont like is all the power connectors might get messy in my case.
My options are limited casue i want to get it from one of the big online places. thats why i am not lookin at the Fortran Epsilon 700w

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Well instead if starting a new thread ill just send this ttt , in hopes of getting more info on it. actual experience? The only thing i dont like is all the power connectors might get messy in my case.
My options are limited casue i want to get it from one of the big online places. thats why i am not lookin at the Fortran Epsilon 700w

I've got this PS and the extra cableage is a bit of a mess. But it seems to have power to burn. No probs yet running X1900XT Xfire. I also have the new mushkin PS and it's really sweet. Modular cables make it neater but in general they are too long with too much cable between connectors. Mod time... Also, this one has mucho current capacity.

busygamer01

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
I wouldn't recommend the power supply because you obviously don't need it. Top of the line gaming rigs these days require only like 400-550 watts but not 700. I use an Enermax 600 watt power supply and I get plenty of juice. Besides you'll probably be getting an electrical bill anywhere from $20-50 higher the 700 watt power supply get a 600 watt and save yourself $30-75. It's pretty reliable and efficient and cost effective.

LethaL_ImpuLse

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
Hey guys, new here. Don't want to create a new thread since this is here so I have a question.

I was actually considering the 600 watter OCZ GameXStream over the Antec TruepowerII 550 for my rig. I know OCZ has a good reputation with their products so I have been strongly thinking about getting this, since I plan to go with two 7900GT's in SLI. I used different wattage calculators and such, the most power I would need seems in the 500 range, but I would rather have too much power than too little. So I'm wondering if this PSU is the way to go. Here's my setup:

Asus a8n-sli premium
7900GT 256MB (2 in the future)
AMD 64 X2 4400+
2GB DDR SDRAM DDR400
320 GB HDD 7200 RPM
Optical drive and floppy

Thanks for any help in advance..

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I wouldn't recommend the power supply because you obviously don't need it. Top of the line gaming rigs these days require only like 400-550 watts but not 700. I use an Enermax 600 watt power supply and I get plenty of juice. Besides you'll probably be getting an electrical bill anywhere from $20-50 higher the 700 watt power supply get a 600 watt and save yourself $30-75. It's pretty reliable and efficient and cost effective.

thats what i was thinking...........but i think my 600w xfinity is having issues getting my d805 past 3.8ghz I cant prove that my psu is the issue but i have a second 7900gtx i want to install regardless and thats not going to help.
the psu calc is saying i need 811watts LOL and thats with the cpu drawing 160w.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

There's so many wrong statements there, I won't even bother.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Sorry to bump, anyone think I should get the GameXStream 600 over Antec's TruepowerII 550?

The 12V spec on the Antec is actually a little better than the OCZ (2x19A vs. 2x18A). [edit: I just checked the OCZ web site - Newegg's specs are wrong - the OCZ has 4x15A 12V rails, so that's a big plus for the OCZ] The efficiency under load of the Antec is 70%, the OCZ is 80%. I know that Antec power supplies have worked well for many people. I've also seen them go up in smoke, take out mobos, etc. Such is the life and death of a power supply. Right now, OCZ has a MIR through Newegg, so you can get one for $119 and the Antec is $100. For my money, no doubt about it, I'd pop for the OCZ in part because I talked to the engineer that spec'ed it. My feeling is that its specs are very conservative and that it is a very solid unit. If you look at OCZ's reputation for RAM, then you know that it is an extremely gamer-oriented company, meaning they know you are likely to be pushing your gear. I have not been terribly impressed with what I've heard about Antec's customer service.