Wasteful trim on Epson 2200 Roll

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 3, 2005 10:44:43 AM

I love my Epson 2200 and use the 8.3 and 13 inch rolls for much of my
work. One thing that bugs me is that when using the paper cutter, it
trims off exactly 1" of paper each and every time I send a print
through the machine.

Since I nearly always use the roll cutter - the end should be very
straight already, so I don't understand this wasteful feature. Is there
any way to eliminate this trimming step?? Not only does the floor
become littered with 1" strips, but Epson cheats me out of several
prints a roll.

I don't get it!?!
Any insights?
Zach
March 4, 2005 11:13:47 AM

<jtzachm@us.ibm.com> wrote in message
> I love my Epson 2200 and use the 8.3 and 13 inch rolls for much of my
> work. One thing that bugs me is that when using the paper cutter, it
> trims off exactly 1" of paper each and every time I send a print
> through the machine.
>
> Since I nearly always use the roll cutter - the end should be very
> straight already, so I don't understand this wasteful feature. Is there
> any way to eliminate this trimming step?? Not only does the floor
> become littered with 1" strips, but Epson cheats me out of several
> prints a roll.

Zach

I've haven't seen this model, but my cynical guess is that it's part of
Epson's strategy to maximise their profits...

Mike
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 3:15:49 AM

On 3 Mar 2005 07:44:43 -0800, jtzachm@us.ibm.com wrote:

>I love my Epson 2200 and use the 8.3 and 13 inch rolls for much of my
>work. One thing that bugs me is that when using the paper cutter, it
>trims off exactly 1" of paper each and every time I send a print
>through the machine.

Hi Zach,

I have the european version of this printer, which unfortunately seems
to be sold without the paper cutter nowadays (it's an option). So far I
decided to not buy it. How about page curl?

I read about the various options concerning the paper cutter. AFAIR the
1" trimming is related to the "double cut" option. Have a look into your
printer driver setup and, well, RTFM! AFAIR you can configure the driver
to cut right between to print jobs without a gap. You have to adjust the
paper cutter within the driver so it knows where the exact cutting
position is. Again, RTFM!

Have fun with your 2200. Good quality but pretty slow, who cares? 8-)

\relax\bye % Viktor 8-)
!