Is this case a good one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811166011
Its an acrylic case. I'm going to step into the world of cool looking cases that show fingerprints like crazy and have all teh neat little mods and crap. I haven't really researched into it, but it has good reviews on newegg. I plan on getting the Frozencpu EZ-Sleeving that you just "screw" on the psu and fan cables to organize my stuff. I see teh case has 4 fan holes, but I can't tell what size fans would fit. Does anyone have this case, and do they have good and/or bad stuff to say about it?

Thanks,
FalloutMan
17 answers Last reply
More about case good
  1. Acrylic cases are cool but you need to be a clean freak to kept it nice looking otherwise there would dust inside and it's going to very visible. That would be the least of your worry though. I haven't owned one myself but I've seen some acrylic cases that are very nice and when kept organized inside and neat wirings then it would be a good looking rig. Other than there is really no difference between acrylic and aluminum/steel cases in terms of performance. Just make sure it's a good quality and thick acrylic plastic.
  2. can you say fingerprints.
  3. Fingerprints.

    It's not that hard.
  4. I can say fingerprints but that should not be a problem or at least not a noticeable problem.

    The real problem is scratches, tiny little scratches that add up to make your case look horrible. Also, Acrylic cases are not very sturdy. If you sit on them, you will break them.
  5. Quote:
    I can say fingerprints but that should not be a problem or at least not a noticeable problem.

    The real problem is scratches, tiny little scratches that add up to make your case look horrible. Also, Acrylic cases are not very sturdy. If you sit on them, you will break them.


    I am going to venture not many people sit on there computer cases. I dont know how you go about things but I dont view my tower as a chair.
  6. Quote:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811166011
    Its an acrylic case. I'm going to step into the world of cool looking cases that show fingerprints like crazy and have all teh neat little mods and crap. I haven't really researched into it, but it has good reviews on newegg. I plan on getting the Frozencpu EZ-Sleeving that you just "screw" on the psu and fan cables to organize my stuff. I see teh case has 4 fan holes, but I can't tell what size fans would fit. Does anyone have this case, and do they have good and/or bad stuff to say about it?

    Thanks,
    FalloutMan



    In a high interference environment you may have issues.

    Dust is also a problem.

    Other than that it should be ok.
  7. Quote:
    I can say fingerprints but that should not be a problem or at least not a noticeable problem.

    The real problem is scratches, tiny little scratches that add up to make your case look horrible. Also, Acrylic cases are not very sturdy. If you sit on them, you will break them.


    I am going to venture not many people sit on there computer cases. I dont know how you go about things but I dont view my tower as a chair.

    My tower is not used as a chair but it sure does make one hell of a footstool
    :lol:

    Amen brutha!! I am going to venture that acrylic is higher on the hardness scale than skin so im not gunna worry about scratches. Plus, some CD scratch filling goop will take care of that.
  8. That's a negative on that. I have had Acrylic windows on quite a few computers and they all got scratched pretty badly but just laying around everywhere or just by being manipulated.

    Don't worry lads, I do not sit everyday on my case, I do have a chair :lol: But I have had a few occasions to have to sit on my case because there were no chairs. It is a fantastic footstool, I'll agree with that ! Everytime I sit back and watch a movie, I put my feet on the case.

    Now this is from my experience seeing people's acrylic cases at LANs. They were not very sturdy and we either scratched or cracked.
  9. so, what kinda case should i get? I want a nice windowed case.
  10. Lian Li do make nice cases with window kits.

    I know that some lian li models come with window kits (you pay a little extra).

    Some models of Lian Li dont come with window kits eg 777.
  11. Quote:
    Lian Li do make nice cases with window kits.

    I know that some lian li models come with window kits (you pay a little extra).

    Some models of Lian Li dont come with window kits eg 777.



    :-D

    You can get window kits for just about any case or get a do-it-yourself one.

    I'm not a fan of window kits myself but the OP wants one.
  12. i can sit on my Cheiftech with no probs, its good on you'r waiting to get inside lan party's lol lol lol
  13. Quote:
    i can sit on my Cheiftech with no probs, its good on you'r waiting to get inside lan party's lol lol lol



    loooooool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Unfortunately Aluminum is not as sturdy as steel.
  14. Quote:
    i can sit on my Cheiftech with no probs, its good on you'r waiting to get inside lan party's lol lol lol



    loooooool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Unfortunately Aluminum is not as sturdy as steel.
    but its a hellova lot lighter :lol: I like the look of Antec's lanboy case, and I figure i'll be able to cram cpu+gpu later, but ill prolly just stick with a single card setup.
  15. That's not a case I'd bend over backwards to purchase.
  16. Quote:
    i can sit on my Cheiftech with no probs, its good on you'r waiting to get inside lan party's lol lol lol



    loooooool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Unfortunately Aluminum is not as sturdy as steel.
    but its a hellova lot lighter :lol: I like the look of Antec's lanboy case, and I figure i'll be able to cram cpu+gpu later, but ill prolly just stick with a single card setup.


    Quote:

    That's not a case I'd bend over backwards to purchase.



    :-D

    I love that case! It's super light and very easy to work with but it bends easily.

    I'd get it any day, just wouldn't sit on it.

    :-D
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Cases Fan Systems Product