HELP ME! Software like word, excel, pdf and wmp for wince

November 8, 2004 4:14:18 AM

Help me! I want to buy a casio e-100 win win ce 2.0. There are and where
software like word, excel, vieverpdf , win mediaplayer for video e mp3 and
software for internet? Are there shareware or freeware? Thank a lot.
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 9:43:16 AM

cip@cip.it (Casio) wrote:

>Help me! I want to buy a casio e-100 win win ce 2.0. There are and where
>software like word, excel, vieverpdf , win mediaplayer for video e mp3 and
>software for internet? Are there shareware or freeware? Thank a lot.

Sorry. I think you are out of luck. Microsoft long pulled the Windows
Media Player download for CE 2.x devices - it has been an obsolete
product for almost 5 years.

You might see if http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/ will still work
on CE 2.x devices for an Excel replacement.

Don't know of any Word viewers that work on 2.x. The current apps like
TextMaker require a CE 3.x or higher OS.

As for PDF - try
http://www.ansyr.com/products/windows/primer31/requirem... - but
it isn't cheap and I honestly don't know if it is still being
supported/updated. Once Adobe came out with a Pocket PC Reader for
free, it makes less sense to pay $50-80 for a PDF reader.
November 8, 2004 1:26:09 PM

cip@cip.it (Casio) wrote in news:o nNbUNXxEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> Help me! I want to buy a casio e-100 win win ce 2.0. There are and
where
> software like word, excel, vieverpdf , win mediaplayer for video e mp3
and
> software for internet? Are there shareware or freeware? Thank a lot.

Word, excel and mediaplayer are part of the Win CE distribution. They are
not the full products which you know from the desktop, but shrinked
versions in order to work on PPC. An internetbrowser is also present, and
some soft to view grafic files (jpg and bmp).
If you want more programs, google for "software for ppc" or something
like that and you'll be covered in sites that offer -as well commercial
as shareware as free- software for PPC's in various models and OS'es.

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com

(just remove the spamstatement