Blackhawk is awesome in the city maps

I love flying it low and slow with a full crew, i rack up at least 50
assist points while my squad mows down the enemy from above

reggie white wrote:
> I love flying it low and slow with a full crew, i rack up at least 50
> assist points while my squad mows down the enemy from above

I played in a city map last night, and invited a bunch of other players
to join my squad, which they did. For the longest while, our squad of
six players supported each other superbly and held 2 flags. It was
great. The kind of teamplay only rarely achieved earlier.

regards,

Achtung Ecco

reggie> helicopter at all costs. The squad thing is the best idea I've
reggie> ever seen for a multiplayer game. (Joint Ops had it too but it
reggie> was useless in its implementation)

Yeah, I'm loving it too. Now I'm preferring servers that have VOIP
running, I feel disconnected from the squad if we can't talk to each
other. And becoming more frustrated when half the team are lone
wolves and I spend most of my time spawning ...

--
Michael Bain

Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen wrote:
> reggie white wrote:
>
>> I love flying it low and slow with a full crew, i rack up at least 50
>> assist points while my squad mows down the enemy from above
>

> I played in a city map last night, and invited a bunch of other players
> to join my squad, which they did. For the longest while, our squad of
> six players supported each other superbly and held 2 flags. It was
> great. The kind of teamplay only rarely achieved earlier.
>
> regards,
>
> Achtung Ecco

I was doing it on a public server, named my squad Blackhawk and we all
developed an attachment to protecting our helicopter at all costs. The
squad thing is the best idea I've ever seen for a multiplayer game.
(Joint Ops had it too but it was useless in its implementation)

Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen <nospam@nospam.no> wrote in news:42c25e67$0$63683
$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk:

> I played in a city map last night, and invited a bunch of other players
> to join my squad, which they did. For the longest while, our squad of
> six players supported each other superbly and held 2 flags. It was
> great. The kind of teamplay only rarely achieved earlier.

The average player has no idea the power of a well-crewed transport. Even
without the kills you mop up points on taking CP's almost instantly.

BTW, I haven't figured out how to tell my flare launcher condition. Is
there an indicator to show whether I'm empty or how long before the
launcher is ready again? The biggest threat to a good transport is a
stinger emplacement, followed by fixed wing jockies. Right now I hate the
sound of the lock on tone because I don't know if my flares are going to
work.

Michael Bain wrote:

> reggie> helicopter at all costs. The squad thing is the best idea I've
> reggie> ever seen for a multiplayer game. (Joint Ops had it too but it
> reggie> was useless in its implementation)
>
> Yeah, I'm loving it too. Now I'm preferring servers that have VOIP
> running, I feel disconnected from the squad if we can't talk to each
> other. And becoming more frustrated when half the team are lone
> wolves and I spend most of my time spawning ...

Try to go to the "Manage Squad"-tab (on the spawn screen or the
caps-lock , can't remember). There it is possible to invite players to
you squad. People very often join up, when invited. A squad with 6
players cooperating is an awesome war machine ;-)

regards,

Achtung Ecco

Jez

Achtung Ecco wrote:

>> reggie> helicopter at all costs. The squad thing is the best idea I've
>> reggie> ever seen for a multiplayer game. (Joint Ops had it too but it
>> reggie> was useless in its implementation)
>>
>> Yeah, I'm loving it too. Now I'm preferring servers that have VOIP
>> running, I feel disconnected from the squad if we can't talk to each
>> other. And becoming more frustrated when half the team are lone
>> wolves and I spend most of my time spawning ...
>

> Try to go to the "Manage Squad"-tab (on the spawn screen or the
> caps-lock , can't remember). There it is possible to invite players to
> you squad. People very often join up, when invited. A squad with 6
> players cooperating is an awesome war machine ;-)

There's the magic word........'cooperating', works then, but when your
squad scatters to the 4 corners and act like mercenaries.......Look out !

--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn

It's a good feeling when it all goes right...