can I connect 2 grandstream for save wire?

Last response: in Networking
January 4, 2005 6:02:56 PM

Please
with the 2 ports of the grandstream 102,
can I use the PC port for connect another Grandstream
and so save the use of another cable-wire long mts.. or
I can only use it for a PC use?

thanks
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 5:00:39 AM

Well, Yes, But...
The other port is a normal ethernet port, so yes you could connect another
Grandstream to it.
However, I would guess the router in the first Grandsteam have no idea there
is another phone attached to it, so it probably won't ring
the second phone, but quite possibly you might be able to make calls from
it.
It all rather depends on the software / firmware in the Grandstream.
Regards,
Martin
January 7, 2005 7:45:39 AM

I believe there's just a simple ethernet hub inside the switch.
Your idea should work fine, you could probablly even chain several phones
together.
Give it a try

-Paul

"Martin┬▓" <never@give.one> wrote in message
> Well, Yes, But...
> The other port is a normal ethernet port, so yes you could connect another
> Grandstream to it.
> However, I would guess the router in the first Grandsteam have no idea
there
> is another phone attached to it, so it probably won't ring
> the second phone, but quite possibly you might be able to make calls from
> it.
> It all rather depends on the software / firmware in the Grandstream.
> Regards,
> Martin

January 7, 2005 7:45:40 AM

"Paul" <webster1@ihatespam.nizon.ca> wrote in message
> I believe there's just a simple ethernet hub inside the switch.
> Your idea should work fine, you could probablly even chain several phones
> together.
> Give it a try
>
> -Paul

A hub is not a switch or router, but a router may contain a switch.
January 9, 2005 11:12:56 AM

I think I was a little out of it when I wrote that.
I meant:
"I believe there's a simple ethernet hub inside the phone"

Oops :p

!