can I connect 2 grandstream for save wire?

Please
with the 2 ports of the grandstream 102,
can I use the PC port for connect another Grandstream
and so save the use of another cable-wire long mts.. or
I can only use it for a PC use?

thanks

Well, Yes, But...
The other port is a normal ethernet port, so yes you could connect another
Grandstream to it.
However, I would guess the router in the first Grandsteam have no idea there
is another phone attached to it, so it probably won't ring
the second phone, but quite possibly you might be able to make calls from
it.
It all rather depends on the software / firmware in the Grandstream.
Regards,
Martin

Paul

Splendid

I believe there's just a simple ethernet hub inside the switch.
Your idea should work fine, you could probablly even chain several phones
together.
Give it a try

-Paul

"Paul" <webster1@ihatespam.nizon.ca> wrote in message
> I believe there's just a simple ethernet hub inside the switch.
> Your idea should work fine, you could probablly even chain several phones
> together.
> Give it a try
>
> -Paul

A hub is not a switch or router, but a router may contain a switch.

Paul

Splendid

I think I was a little out of it when I wrote that.
I meant:
"I believe there's a simple ethernet hub inside the phone"

Oops :p