Gainward or PNY?

Chromium

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
I'm building a new system and I'm wondering is there any quality difference between Gainward 7900gtx and PNY Verto 7900gtx graphics cards? The specs are ofcourse a bit different, but the main thing I'm wondering about is the quality of the brand?

how about neither..... BFG, XFX or eVGA.... all of those 3 s*itkick PNY and Gainward. I've had 1 PNY Geforce 4 card and it just plain sucked. I have gone through 2 Gainward cards (the 3rd is now in my dad's computer, and not surprisingly... the same problem that f*cked the other 2 has now occured on the third one). If anyone at this point has guessed "SFD"... they would be right. "Sudden Fan Death" has affected the only 3 Gainward cards I have ever owned. This means Gainward is now on my s*itlist for hardware. I will never ever use any of their video cards again, and will discourage others from suffering the same fate as I did. For anyone wondering, the first Gainward card's fan died about 3 months after i bought it. Took it back and got a replacement without a problem. The second card's fan died about 2 weeks before the warranty expired. Again getting a replacement was not a problem since the warranty was still valid. (Side note: I got these cards at a local retail shop who was quite nice about their in-store warranties. I didn't have to do any of the RMA work... it was all taken care of for me). The third card's fan has now died and this time the warranty has been up for about 8 months.

PX7800GT

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Hey Man , Why Everyone Just Recommand eVGA , BFG or XFX ... ?? These Cards Can Only Be Found in USA & Europe ... I Think He Lives in Asia or Something ...
I Live In Asia . Here , You Can Only Find ASUS,MSI,Leadtek & Gigabyte ...
So Stop Posting "You Should Buy eVGA,BFG or XFX..."
... :evil:

I was just saying that BFG, XFX and eVGA are about the best there are.... not that other brands aren't good, it's just that in my experience, PNY and Gainward cards blow donkey balls. I should note that Gigabyte and Asus cards are pretty good though....