Information about:- Apacer 256mb SD Card

November 8, 2004 6:32:37 PM

Please can anyone help me.

I have acquired an Apacer 256mb SD Card which I intend to use with my Ipaq
2200

When I put it in - nothing!

Does anybody know if I need a driver for this please?

Thanks Very much for an info.
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 6:32:38 PM

Verify that the write protect lock on the card is in the write mode (most
cards indicate this near the switch on the card chassis. As a general rule,
"unlock" is with the switch toward the contacts).

Also, have you tried to put the card in an SD Reader attched to your PC?
Can it be read there?

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Editor

"Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message
> Please can anyone help me.
>
> I have acquired an Apacer 256mb SD Card which I intend to use with my Ipaq
> 2200
>
> When I put it in - nothing!
>
> Does anybody know if I need a driver for this please?
>
> Thanks Very much for an info.

November 8, 2004 7:07:01 PM

Thanks for replying. I have tried it with the switch in both directions,

Unfortunately I don't have an SD reader for my pc. This is my only means of
accessing it.

That's why I was hoping it was going to need a driver.

:(

"Clinton Fitch III" <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> wrote in
message news:eD32xqaxEHA.3668@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Verify that the write protect lock on the card is in the write mode (most
> cards indicate this near the switch on the card chassis. As a general
> rule, "unlock" is with the switch toward the contacts).
>
> Also, have you tried to put the card in an SD Reader attched to your PC?
> Can it be read there?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Editor
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>

> "Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Please can anyone help me.
>>
>> I have acquired an Apacer 256mb SD Card which I intend to use with my
>> Ipaq 2200
>>
>> When I put it in - nothing!
>>
>> Does anybody know if I need a driver for this please?
>>
>> Thanks Very much for an info.

November 8, 2004 7:54:50 PM

In news:418f9195$0$296$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com,
Andy <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
> Please can anyone help me.
>
> I have acquired an Apacer 256mb SD Card which I intend to use with my
> Ipaq 2200
>
> When I put it in - nothing!
>
> Does anybody know if I need a driver for this please?
>
> Thanks Very much for an info.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Mar/bpd2004041402...

Dunno if that's any help?

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
November 8, 2004 8:35:31 PM

I tried the patch - thanks.

Afraid still nothing.

What is the quickest place to see if the card is recognised? Is it in
"Explorer" or "Memory" on the IPAQ?

Thanks

"Steve Parry [MVP]" <k100rs_1990@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 3MgFPbxEHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> In news:418f9195$0$296$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com,
> Andy <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
>> Please can anyone help me.
>>
>> I have acquired an Apacer 256mb SD Card which I intend to use with my
>> Ipaq 2200
>>
>> When I put it in - nothing!
>>
>> Does anybody know if I need a driver for this please?
>>
>> Thanks Very much for an info.
>

> http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Mar/bpd2004041402...
>
> Dunno if that's any help?
>
> --
> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>
> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Anonymous
November 8, 2004 10:17:40 PM

"Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message
> Please can anyone help me.
>
> I have acquired an Apacer 256mb SD Card which I intend to use with my Ipaq
> 2200
>
> When I put it in - nothing!
>
> Does anybody know if I need a driver for this please?
>
> Thanks Very much for an info.

If the memory isn't seen you should try a different card from somewhere to
see if it is the machine or the card first. Or try the card elsewhere- PC
card readers are inexpensive now- or some digital cameras, mp3 players etc
can read them- ask around. My Minolta digital camera uses them for example.

Unfortunately there are occasional cards that aren't seen by particular
machines- I had a one like that I got exchanged by the dealer. That card was
seen by other devices including an identical machine to mine. But you really
should check it's not your ppc too.
November 9, 2004 11:48:09 AM

In general though, do you have to install a driver for SD cards on the IPAQ,
or should they work immediately after plugging in?

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Please can anyone help me.
>>
>> I have acquired an Apacer 256mb SD Card which I intend to use with my
>> Ipaq
>> 2200
>>
>> When I put it in - nothing!
>>
>> Does anybody know if I need a driver for this please?
>>
>> Thanks Very much for an info.
>>

> If the memory isn't seen you should try a different card from somewhere to
> see if it is the machine or the card first. Or try the card elsewhere- PC
> card readers are inexpensive now- or some digital cameras, mp3 players etc
> can read them- ask around. My Minolta digital camera uses them for
> example.
>
> Unfortunately there are occasional cards that aren't seen by particular
> machines- I had a one like that I got exchanged by the dealer. That card
> was
> seen by other devices including an identical machine to mine. But you
> really
> should check it's not your ppc too.

Anonymous
November 9, 2004 12:40:14 PM

In news:419084ad$0$22622$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com,
Andy <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
> In general though, do you have to install a driver for SD cards on
> the IPAQ, or should they work immediately after plugging in?

they should just "work" and pocket explorer and the memory applet should
list the extra capacity, explorer will show it as a folder

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 12:41:55 PM

Post reordered to follow the flow of conversation. Jumping from bottom to
top makes these posts hard to follow.

"Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message
> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Please can anyone help me.
> >>
> >> I have acquired an Apacer 256mb SD Card which I intend to use with my
> >> Ipaq
> >> 2200
> >>
> >> When I put it in - nothing!
> >>
> >> Does anybody know if I need a driver for this please?
> >>
> >> Thanks Very much for an info.
> >>

> > If the memory isn't seen you should try a different card from somewhere
> > see if it is the machine or the card first. Or try the card elsewhere-
PC
> > card readers are inexpensive now- or some digital cameras, mp3 players
etc
> > can read them- ask around. My Minolta digital camera uses them for
> > example.
> >
> > Unfortunately there are occasional cards that aren't seen by particular
> > machines- I had a one like that I got exchanged by the dealer. That card
> > was
> > seen by other devices including an identical machine to mine. But you
> > really
> > should check it's not your ppc too.

That wasn't too hard? More readable and easier to follow?

> In general though, do you have to install a driver for SD cards on the
IPAQ,
> or should they work immediately after plugging in?

I don't have an IPAQ but most of these memory cards are plug and go so I
would doubt you'd need to install a driver yourself.
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 1:02:32 PM

> Post reordered to follow the flow of conversation. Jumping from bottom to
> top makes these posts hard to follow.
>

> "Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message

> > > If the memory isn't seen you should try a different card from
somewhere
> > > see if it is the machine or the card first. Or try the card elsewhere-
> PC
> > > card readers are inexpensive now- or some digital cameras, mp3 players
> etc
> > > can read them- ask around. My Minolta digital camera uses them for
> > > example.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately there are occasional cards that aren't seen by
particular
> > > machines- I had a one like that I got exchanged by the dealer. That
card
> > > was
> > > seen by other devices including an identical machine to mine. But you
> > > really
> > > should check it's not your ppc too.
> > >

> That wasn't too hard? More readable and easier to follow?
>
> > In general though, do you have to install a driver for SD cards on the
> IPAQ,
> > or should they work immediately after plugging in?
> >

> I don't have an IPAQ but most of these memory cards are plug and go so I
> would doubt you'd need to install a driver yourself.

To clarify a little- almost all portable devices like ppc's, mp3 players,
digital cameras are plug and play when it comes to memory cards. It is
desktop PC's where drivers are usually added when needed.
!