streetsoldier

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
i am building a comp, i will buy the rest of the stuff except i might stay with my 80 gig hd, the rest i will add, i don't really have any good comp parts i run a amd duron 945 mhz with 512 sdram (i will want 2 gigs min for the comp) and i will be buying a video card, so i won't be needing a video card on board unless if the board with the vc better

I was hoping to find out what you wanted to buy for the new system... these are the specific questions i need answered in order to make a better recommendation for a motherboard.

PCI-E Video? or AGP?

and

DDR1 ram? or DDR2?

streetsoldier

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
for minor gaming and just personal use for school
i don't want agp since it is going out....
and the ram it doesn't matter which one....whichever one would be better
i don't want to overclock the processor, i think at 3.2 i can get most of the things working well on it. i am a newb when it comes to knowing what is better or worse hardware. if u have any suggestions that would be great.

Alright....

Mobo: Asus P5LD2

Video: XFX Geforce 7600GT

RAM: OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2-667

Optional Stuff:

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 320GB

Aftermarket CPU Heatsink: Zalman CNPS9500

I know the heatsink isn't really necessary, especailly since you said you don't want to overclock, but should you ever decide that you want to overclock it, this would be worth picking up.

Edit: If your budget becomes a problem for getting these parts.... you did say minor gaming so moving down to a 7300 series video card would be alright.