Possible PSU issue or it's it just somethign that happens?

ToiletDuck

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
If the computer doesn't lock up, no freeze, but just cuts off after a few minutes. What's the normal problem for that? I have the OCZ powerstream520 on it.

linux_0

Splendid
If the computer doesn't lock up, no freeze, but just cuts off after a few minutes. What's the normal problem for that? I have the OCZ powerstream520 on it.

We need more info please.

Post your full specs.

What do you mean cuts off? Does it stop for a while in certain games or what?

ToiletDuck

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
yes it did just power off with no reason and i believe heat was the problem. I found out my CPU fan would cut on during boot but then shut off. Even after adjusting the settings to make it run all the time it still would not cut on. So I just moved it to a normal fan spot on the mobo and now it runs constant. I'll let you know if anything changes.

linux_0

Splendid
yes it did just power off with no reason and i believe heat was the problem. I found out my CPU fan would cut on during boot but then shut off. Even after adjusting the settings to make it run all the time it still would not cut on. So I just moved it to a normal fan spot on the mobo and now it runs constant. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Modern systems are designed to automatically turn off to prevent damage to the CPU due to overheating so that must be what happened.

The circuitry that controls the CPU fan connector is toast. Let's hope the rest of your motherboard is fine.