HP LaserJet 6L software

ms

W98SE
Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.

Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
course), where are the HP folders?

Something corrupted my HP Laserjet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall the
drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.

"ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:38plg6F5r6475U1@individual.net...
> W98SE
> Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.
>
> Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
> course), where are the HP folders?
>
> Something corrupted my HP LaserJet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall
> the drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
> finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.

You might try downloading the drivers from
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=14974&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25476&submit.y=4&submit.x=7&lang=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=20.
It has been a while for me with Win 98 but I recall that drivers typically end
up in the c:\windows\drivers subdirectory.

Regards,

"ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:38plg6F5r6475U1@individual.net...
> W98SE
> Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.
>
> Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
> course), where are the HP folders?
>
> Something corrupted my HP LaserJet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall
> the drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
> finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.

OK, I just fired up a virtual Win 98 machine, downloaded and installed the
drivers from the HP site. The installer put the files in c:\lj622. To
actually install the driver I then needed to go to start, control panel, add
printer, told the installer I had a disk and pointed at c:\lj622. The driver
files end up in c:\windows\system once the printer is installed.

Regards,

ms

Bob Headrick wrote:
> "ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:38plg6F5r6475U1@individual.net...
>
>>W98SE
>>Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.
>>
>>Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
>>course), where are the HP folders?
>>
>>Something corrupted my HP LaserJet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall
>>the drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
>>finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.
>

> OK, I just fired up a virtual Win 98 machine, downloaded and installed the
> drivers from the HP site. The installer put the files in c:\lj622. To
> actually install the driver I then needed to go to start, control panel, add
> printer, told the installer I had a disk and pointed at c:\lj622. The driver
> files end up in c:\windows\system once the printer is installed.
>
> Regards,

Thanks for the help.

AFAIK my driver floppy disks are still OK.

It's been so long since my first install of LaserJet, but on install, I believe
the HP software creates the HP LaserJet 6L printer icon?

My driver properties screen shows it's corrupted. Now, when I install, it still
shows "absolutely bogus WPS driver" ??? I don't know where that came from.

So if I delete the icon, and install the software, IIRC, it will recreate a new
icon with proper driver indicated.

Please comment on this.

TIA