Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP LaserJet 6L software

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Laserjet
  • Software
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
March 3, 2005 6:39:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

W98SE
Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.

Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
course), where are the HP folders?

Something corrupted my HP Laserjet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall the
drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.

More about : laserjet software

Anonymous
a b α HP
March 4, 2005 12:05:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:38plg6F5r6475U1@individual.net...
> W98SE
> Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.
>
> Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
> course), where are the HP folders?
>
> Something corrupted my HP LaserJet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall
> the drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
> finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.

You might try downloading the drivers from
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Driver....
It has been a while for me with Win 98 but I recall that drivers typically end
up in the c:\windows\drivers subdirectory.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP
Anonymous
a b α HP
March 4, 2005 12:18:38 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:38plg6F5r6475U1@individual.net...
> W98SE
> Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.
>
> Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
> course), where are the HP folders?
>
> Something corrupted my HP LaserJet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall
> the drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
> finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.

OK, I just fired up a virtual Win 98 machine, downloaded and installed the
drivers from the HP site. The installer put the files in c:\lj622. To
actually install the driver I then needed to go to start, control panel, add
printer, told the installer I had a disk and pointed at c:\lj622. The driver
files end up in c:\windows\system once the printer is installed.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP
March 4, 2005 8:33:04 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Bob Headrick wrote:
> "ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:38plg6F5r6475U1@individual.net...
>
>>W98SE
>>Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.
>>
>>Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
>>course), where are the HP folders?
>>
>>Something corrupted my HP LaserJet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall
>>the drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
>>finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.
>
>
> OK, I just fired up a virtual Win 98 machine, downloaded and installed the
> drivers from the HP site. The installer put the files in c:\lj622. To
> actually install the driver I then needed to go to start, control panel, add
> printer, told the installer I had a disk and pointed at c:\lj622. The driver
> files end up in c:\windows\system once the printer is installed.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP
>
>
Thanks for the help.

AFAIK my driver floppy disks are still OK.

It's been so long since my first install of LaserJet, but on install, I believe
the HP software creates the HP LaserJet 6L printer icon?

My driver properties screen shows it's corrupted. Now, when I install, it still
shows "absolutely bogus WPS driver" ??? I don't know where that came from.

So if I delete the icon, and install the software, IIRC, it will recreate a new
icon with proper driver indicated.

Please comment on this.

TIA
!