HP LaserJet 6L software

W98SE
Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.

Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
course), where are the HP folders?

Something corrupted my HP Laserjet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall the
drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.
3 answers Last reply
More about laserjet software

    "ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:38plg6F5r6475U1@individual.net...
    > W98SE
    > Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.
    >
    > Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
    > course), where are the HP folders?
    >
    > Something corrupted my HP LaserJet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall
    > the drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
    > finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.

    You might try downloading the drivers from
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=14974&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25476&submit.y=4&submit.x=7&lang=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=20.
    It has been a while for me with Win 98 but I recall that drivers typically end
    up in the c:\windows\drivers subdirectory.

    Regards,

    "ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:38plg6F5r6475U1@individual.net...
    > W98SE
    > Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.
    >
    > Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
    > course), where are the HP folders?
    >
    > Something corrupted my HP LaserJet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall
    > the drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
    > finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.

    OK, I just fired up a virtual Win 98 machine, downloaded and installed the
    drivers from the HP site. The installer put the files in c:\lj622. To
    actually install the driver I then needed to go to start, control panel, add
    printer, told the installer I had a disk and pointed at c:\lj622. The driver
    files end up in c:\windows\system once the printer is installed.

    Regards,

    Bob Headrick wrote:
    > "ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:38plg6F5r6475U1@individual.net...
    >
    >>W98SE
    >>Something changed my printing recently. Today, I tried to print and can't.
    >>
    >>Where does the HP software normally install in W98? If Windows is in C: (of
    >>course), where are the HP folders?
    >>
    >>Something corrupted my HP LaserJet 6L properties, so that when I reinstall
    >>the drivers from floppy disks, all the install screens look very normal. When
    >>finished, I still can't see the installed HP software on the hard drive.
    >

    > OK, I just fired up a virtual Win 98 machine, downloaded and installed the
    > drivers from the HP site. The installer put the files in c:\lj622. To
    > actually install the driver I then needed to go to start, control panel, add
    > printer, told the installer I had a disk and pointed at c:\lj622. The driver
    > files end up in c:\windows\system once the printer is installed.
    >
    > Regards,

    Thanks for the help.

    AFAIK my driver floppy disks are still OK.

    It's been so long since my first install of LaserJet, but on install, I believe
    the HP software creates the HP LaserJet 6L printer icon?

    My driver properties screen shows it's corrupted. Now, when I install, it still
    shows "absolutely bogus WPS driver" ??? I don't know where that came from.

    So if I delete the icon, and install the software, IIRC, it will recreate a new
    icon with proper driver indicated.

    Please comment on this.

    TIA

Printers Hewlett Packard Laserjet Software Peripherals