missing answers

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Are these messages saved somewhere for awhile?
I wrote trying to figure out how to get into CMOS when i don't have the
password in XP Pro. It was upgraded from ME. I had two good answers but
somehow [big fingers maybe] they where erased. Hopefully they are saved
somewhere for a couple of days or new info would help. I remember talking
out battery but cant remember which wires to unplug to reset.
Thanks for anyhelp
Bruce Lawrence

---

Bruce Lawrence wrote:
> Are these messages saved somewhere for awhile?
> I wrote trying to figure out how to get into CMOS when i don't have
> the password in XP Pro. It was upgraded from ME. I had two good
> answers but somehow [big fingers maybe] they where erased. Hopefully
> they are saved somewhere for a couple of days or new info would
> help.
> I remember talking out battery but cant remember which wires to
> unplug to reset. Thanks for anyhelp
> Bruce Lawrence
>

> ---

The operating system is immaterial. Only you know what
motherboard and BIOS you have, so only you know the answer to your
question. ;-}

In the extremely unlikely event that your PC's manual or the
motherboard manufacturer's web site doesn't contain the needed
information, try one or more of the following:

How do I access my computer's setup (BIOS)
http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/2157.html

Wim's BIOS Page
http://www.wimsbios.com/

Accessing Motherboard BIOS
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having
both at once. - RAH

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

do a search with your user name, all your posts should be listed.

"Bruce Lawrence" <blawrence@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Are these messages saved somewhere for awhile?
> I wrote trying to figure out how to get into CMOS when i don't have the
> password in XP Pro. It was upgraded from ME. I had two good answers but
> somehow [big fingers maybe] they where erased. Hopefully they are saved
> somewhere for a couple of days or new info would help. I remember talking
> out battery but cant remember which wires to unplug to reset.
> Thanks for anyhelp
> Bruce Lawrence
>

> ---

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

These were your 2 replies and the original post ............

I am a bit embarrassed on the post on missing cdroms and flash memory stick.
I have that tweakui program for XP and i deleted or unchecked i guess the
drives over G i figured i didnt need them, wrong.
I need help an another real problem. I did some work on a friends computer
and when she was here i told her she should put in an admin password when i
was i cmos. I have to go back to cmos and cannot get in, the password she
put in doesnt work.
How can i override it and get in to put another one in. I installed xp over
ME if that makes a difference. The password was put in with ME.
HELP pl,ease
Bruce

**************************************

Try pulling the motherboard battery, then jumper the two pins by the battery
slot.. that should clear any bios passwords..

Morituri-Max
**************************************

Hi Bruce,

A BIOS password is not dependent on the installed operating system. To clear
the existing one, you should check the motherboard manual. Usually, it
involves either removing the CMOS battery or temporarily shorting a jumper.

--
Best of Luck,

Bruce Lawrence wrote:

> Are these messages saved somewhere for awhile?
> I wrote trying to figure out how to get into CMOS when i don't have the
> password in XP Pro. It was upgraded from ME. I had two good answers but
> somehow [big fingers maybe] they where erased. Hopefully they are saved
> somewhere for a couple of days or new info would help. I remember talking
> out battery but cant remember which wires to unplug to reset.
> Thanks for anyhelp
> Bruce Lawrence
Hi

Google is at your disposal: