Sign in with
Your question

ASUS A8N32 SLI DELUXE and SB X-Fi ELITE PRO PROBLEM

Last response: in Components
May 21, 2006 12:53:48 AM

Hey guys, I've been looking through the posts to find something about troubleshooting my SB elite pro sound card on my Asus mobo, but I couldn't find any threads that answered my problem.
I've recently set up a new computer thats running an ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE, AMD 4200+ x2, 2x1 twinx2048c2pt, 2 150 GB Raptors, Antec 550W True Power 2.0, ATI Radeon x1600, and a SB X-FI Elite Pro sound card (which is installed in the last pci slot).

After hours and hours of looking through various forums, I finally managed to install everything so that there was no more errors (particularly from the sound card to the mobo), but now my problem is that when I plug my old 2.1 Altec Lansing speakers into the Line Out (lime green plug) I get no sound.

Does anyone know what I should do? I've turned off the built in sound card on the mobo in the bios, I've checked the device manager, control panel, etc to make sure that all the devices were working right along w/ the drivers installed but still no matter where I plug my speakers, I get no sound whatsoever. Does anyone know how to fix this?? I need help! Thanks in advance!
May 21, 2006 2:28:01 PM

change a slot

check irq
May 23, 2006 9:57:56 AM

well I have that same motherboard and just picked up an x-fi (xtreme music version but I beleive they are the same card) I should have it in a couple days and I can let you know if I experience any similar problems.
Related resources
May 23, 2006 11:33:40 AM

Do you have access to another rig you could put the sound card in to test it?
May 26, 2006 6:30:10 PM

Do you have it set to output a digital signal? If so then thats the problem. Need to turn that off.
May 27, 2006 7:42:55 PM

To the original poster, I am also having a problem with no audio.

However I am having no audio from anything.

A8N32-SLI DELUXE / AMD 64 X2 4400+ / Sound Blaster X-Fi ExMusic
Altec Lansing 5.1 (Center, SubWoofer, 2 Small Towers w/ side speakers simulating rears)

All drivers are up to date, BIOS updated, Plugs are correct.

Onboard audio does not work, with speakers or headphones.
Soundcard audio does not work, speakers or headphones.
A friend's USB controlled headphone/mic set did not work.

One odd thing to add though, while playing World of Warcraft at a random time I decided to just turn the speakers back on, and bam... I had full audio. Full 5.1 Surround audio in game, with Media Player, everything last night.

This morning I am also in Warcraft again, sound is working beautifully and then bam it turns off, no warning, no popping, all cords are plugged in and have been propperly jiggled.

Please give me a solution such that I can slap myself otherwise I have no clue what could be doing this other then a faulty motherboard since audio outputs from any source are being blocked.
Anonymous
May 27, 2006 8:51:38 PM

uncheck CAPS. FFS!
May 28, 2006 7:34:59 AM

K tried that, no dice. Also went into the BIOS (thinking is.. what the hell could be muting ALL my audio output) turned off my onboard audio thinking maybe they were having a output war (I'm desperate) but no dice, I'm still stuck listening to my tv.

I'm beginning to wonder if its a mobo recall kinda issue so I'm going to look into this perhaps if anyone knows anything a heads up would be greatly appreciated. What erks me is that it started working that night till the afternoon next day then off randomly. Grrr! Dino Angry!
Anonymous
May 28, 2006 9:57:21 AM

Wasn't for you, sorry.
May 30, 2006 4:50:44 AM

Hey guys!

for all you who replied thank you much. I just came back and will read the troublshooting tips and will attempt to have at it again haha. Thanks again!
!