New x1600 Pro - No video signal

Binary01

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
I just purchased a x1600 pro video card and I installed it correctly but I am not getting any video signal. I thought it may just be broken so I exchanged it for a new one but the new one has the same problem. I plugged in the GPU power cord and the video card's fan is spinning so it is recieving power but its not displaying anything. I have updated my Bios firmware to the newest one listed on Dell's Support site. I have tried two Monitors both a Flatscreen LCD and a CRT but both don't get any signal. The video card I have been using before I bought this one is the Nvidia Geforce 4 4600 TI. I have put the Geforce card in and I am getting signal. Does anyone know why the ATI card will not be displaying anything? I am plugging it in thru the VGA connection, not DVI. My PC is a Dell Dimension 8200. Intel Motherboard 82850.

ms2005

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
If you can see post vga info and then it dissapears you may have driver issues. Unistall all drivers for the 1600 and any old cards, then start over with reinstall (safe mode may let you see to do the uninstalls.

Binary01

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
If you can see post vga info and then it dissapears you may have driver issues. Unistall all drivers for the 1600 and any old cards, then start over with reinstall (safe mode may let you see to do the uninstalls.

No video whatsoever. Its as if the whole PC doesn't work.

MacAttack

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
I'm having the exact same problem. Did anyone ever figure it out? I was told by Dell (after hours of trying to do it myself) that the card is 8x AGP and the computer is only 4x AGP. However, the card is actually a 4 or 8 so that cannot be the problem.

I'd appreciate any help before I take the card back.

Thanks.

Mac :evil:

firepyro555

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
The only thing i can think of is if the computer had on board video, you'd have to switch the primary adapter. Or, if you didn't clean the drivers very well.

DangerTobin

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I'm having the same problem, brand new x1600 Pro (Sapphire) and no video signal. This isn't a driver problem - it's not showing anything upon bootup - no splashscreen no POST, nothing which indicates a coherent signal is being sent to the monitor.

I only bought this card because it says 8x/4x AGP and my Dell is a Dimension 4550 with 4x.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
If you are trying to do this on an old dell with a 250w psu you may be having power issues. Take the card to a buddies and try it on his computer.

Just in case it's a driver issue, try the following.

1. Put your old card back in.
2. Power up and uninstall the old drivers (click no when it asks you to reboot).
3. Use a driver cleaner to get rid of the old drivers entirely.
4. Shut down the computer.
5. Install new card.
6. Try to power up (just because the fan is spinning doesn't mean it has enough power). The fan only uses 1-2w and the card probably needs 40-50w.