Another Crash!

Last response: in Video Games
August 16, 2005 5:13:34 PM

Breaking news of another airliner crashing
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4156224.stm

What is going on?

--
Ibby (The artist formally known as Chris)

Athlon64 3000+
512Mb PC3200 Ram
Radeon 9800 Pro (128 Mb)
80G H-D
60G H-D
Saitek Evo Force Flightstick
Windows XP SP2

More about : crash

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 6:43:18 PM

wtf is going on here?!?!?!

i said to my dad when the first one happend, that they normaly happen in
pairs, but this is becoming a joke!

and i go on my 4th holiday in 2 weeks.... my odds are getting smaller :o (

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb
<chris@mwapartnership(NOSPAM).co.uk> wrote in message
news:D dsopr$kft$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Breaking news of another airliner crashing
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4156224.stm
>
> What is going on?
>
> --
> Ibby (The artist formally known as Chris)
>
> Athlon64 3000+
> 512Mb PC3200 Ram
> Radeon 9800 Pro (128 Mb)
> 80G H-D
> 60G H-D
> Saitek Evo Force Flightstick
> Windows XP SP2

Related resources
August 16, 2005 6:43:19 PM

sorry to tell you but it happens in threes...:-(

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p LqdnaHjiPwIcJzeRVnyjQ@eclipse.net.uk...
> wtf is going on here?!?!?!
>
> i said to my dad when the first one happend, that they normaly happen in
> pairs, but this is becoming a joke!
>
> and i go on my 4th holiday in 2 weeks.... my odds are getting smaller :o (
>
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb
> "Ibby (The Artist Formally Known as Chris)"
> <chris@mwapartnership(NOSPAM).co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D dsopr$kft$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> Breaking news of another airliner crashing
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4156224.stm
>>
>> What is going on?
>>
>> --
>> Ibby (The artist formally known as Chris)
>>
>> Athlon64 3000+
>> 512Mb PC3200 Ram
>> Radeon 9800 Pro (128 Mb)
>> 80G H-D
>> 60G H-D
>> Saitek Evo Force Flightstick
>> Windows XP SP2

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:50:26 PM

"William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
> sorry to tell you but it happens in threes...:-(
Toronto,
Emergency landing near Sicily
Crash near Athens
Venezuela

I'm afraid I count four

(not counting the chopper in Afghanistan and the firefighter plane in
Portugal)
August 16, 2005 11:50:27 PM

"Gerard Verhoef" <Gerard_Verhoef@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>> sorry to tell you but it happens in threes...:-(
> Toronto,
> Emergency landing near Sicily
> Crash near Athens
> Venezuela
>
> I'm afraid I count four
>
> (not counting the chopper in Afghanistan and the firefighter plane in
> Portugal)

Yes you are correct...good thing superstitions are just that :-)
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:16:09 AM

> Yes you are correct...good thing superstitions are just that :-)

True, but you know the paranoid guy who said: Yes I know I am paranoid, but
that doesn't mean I am wrong.

But more seriously: Oskar made a wise remark in the thread on the Helios
crash started by Ibby.
He said the prize fighters put a lot of pressure on the crew and in practice
that does compromise safety. Guess he's right, as always.

Gerard
August 17, 2005 12:16:10 AM

> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>
>> Yes you are correct...good thing superstitions are just that :-)
>
> True, but you know the paranoid guy who said: Yes I know I am paranoid,
> but that doesn't mean I am wrong.
>
> But more seriously: Oskar made a wise remark in the thread on the Helios
> crash started by Ibby.
> He said the prize fighters put a lot of pressure on the crew and in
> practice that does compromise safety. Guess he's right, as always.
>
> Gerard
No question in my mind about what Oskar said and he is 100% correct...we the
consumers want more and more for less and less $$ and the execs are under
pressure to satisfy shareholders and wall street...something has got to give
and sadly as he says its safety etc.

This may sound funny but we may even start out sourcing pilots...
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:16:11 AM

> "Gerard Verhoef" <Gerard_Verhoef@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Yes you are correct...good thing superstitions are just that :-)
>>
>> True, but you know the paranoid guy who said: Yes I know I am
>> paranoid, but that doesn't mean I am wrong.
>>
>> But more seriously: Oskar made a wise remark in the thread on the
>> Helios crash started by Ibby.
>> He said the prize fighters put a lot of pressure on the crew and in
>> practice that does compromise safety. Guess he's right, as always.
>>
>> Gerard
> No question in my mind about what Oskar said and he is 100%
> correct...we the consumers want more and more for less and less $$ and
> the execs are under pressure to satisfy shareholders and wall
> street...something has got to give and sadly as he says its safety
> etc.
>
> This may sound funny but we may even start out sourcing pilots...

Holds true for more than the airlines there buddy. Remember the Pinto?
Firestone tires?

--
e v e n S k y

Athalon XP2800
1 G Ram
GeForce FX5900XT
160G H-D
80G H-D
XP, FS9
Wingman Strike force 3D
CH yoke n' pedals
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:11:46 AM

>> Gerard
> No question in my mind about what Oskar said and he is 100% correct...we
> the consumers want more and more for less and less $$ and the execs are
> under pressure to satisfy shareholders and wall street...something has got
> to give and sadly as he says its safety etc.
>
> This may sound funny but we may even start out sourcing pilots...
its totaly true though. I watched some program about building planes, and
they said something along the lines of

"we have a, b and c safety features on this plane, OR x, y and z "customer
comforts" and every airline company chooses x,y and z instead....of a,b and
c"

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb
Anonymous

>> This may sound funny but we may even start out sourcing pilots...
> its totaly true though. I watched some program about building planes, and
> they said something along the lines of
>
> "we have a, b and c safety features on this plane, OR x, y and z "customer
> comforts" and every airline company chooses x,y and z instead....of a,b
> and c"
>
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb
Flying is of course regular business, not only for pilots and other aviation
professionals, but also for consumers.
That means that we, the consumers, are behaving the same way as with other
forms of transport: we prefer to speed with our car instead of risking being
late for work. Simply because being late implies a short term penalty which
we try to avoid. That speeding gives a greater chance on accidents is simply
but knowingly taken for granted.

If you can save a 100 dollars on a plane ticket and chances are 1 in a 1000
to get killed instead of 1 in 10 000 I guess many of us will chose the
hundred bucks.

Gerard
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:42:33 AM

> If you can save a 100 dollars on a plane ticket and chances are 1 in a
> 1000 to get killed instead of 1 in 10 000 I guess many of us will chose
> the hundred bucks.
>
> Gerard

exactly, although i hope the odds are not that bad ;-)

(i know they just example hehe)
--
From Overlag - Adam Webb
!