Another Crash!

Breaking news of another airliner crashing
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4156224.stm

What is going on?

--
Ibby (The artist formally known as Chris)

Athlon64 3000+
512Mb PC3200 Ram
Radeon 9800 Pro (128 Mb)
80G H-D
60G H-D
Saitek Evo Force Flightstick
Windows XP SP2
11 answers Last reply
More about another crash

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:13:34 +0000 (UTC), "Ibby" brought the following
    to our attention:

    >Breaking news of another airliner crashing
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4156224.stm
    >
    >What is going on?

    you mean.. who was on board??

    -g

    wtf is going on here?!?!?!

    i said to my dad when the first one happend, that they normaly happen in
    pairs, but this is becoming a joke!

    and i go on my 4th holiday in 2 weeks.... my odds are getting smaller :o(

    --
    From Overlag - Adam Webb
    <chris@mwapartnership(NOSPAM).co.uk> wrote in message
    > Breaking news of another airliner crashing
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4156224.stm
    >
    > What is going on?
    >
    > --
    > Ibby (The artist formally known as Chris)
    >
    > Athlon64 3000+
    > 512Mb PC3200 Ram
    > Radeon 9800 Pro (128 Mb)
    > 80G H-D
    > 60G H-D
    > Saitek Evo Force Flightstick
    > Windows XP SP2

    sorry to tell you but it happens in threes...:-(

    "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
    > sorry to tell you but it happens in threes...:-(
    Toronto,
    Emergency landing near Sicily
    Crash near Athens
    Venezuela

    I'm afraid I count four

    (not counting the chopper in Afghanistan and the firefighter plane in
    Portugal)

    "Gerard Verhoef" <Gerard_Verhoef@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
    >> sorry to tell you but it happens in threes...:-(
    > Toronto,
    > Emergency landing near Sicily
    > Crash near Athens
    > Venezuela
    >
    > I'm afraid I count four
    >
    > (not counting the chopper in Afghanistan and the firefighter plane in
    > Portugal)

    Yes you are correct...good thing superstitions are just that :-)

    > Yes you are correct...good thing superstitions are just that :-)

    True, but you know the paranoid guy who said: Yes I know I am paranoid, but
    that doesn't mean I am wrong.

    But more seriously: Oskar made a wise remark in the thread on the Helios
    crash started by Ibby.
    He said the prize fighters put a lot of pressure on the crew and in practice
    that does compromise safety. Guess he's right, as always.

    Gerard

    > "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Yes you are correct...good thing superstitions are just that :-)
    >
    > True, but you know the paranoid guy who said: Yes I know I am paranoid,
    > but that doesn't mean I am wrong.
    >
    > But more seriously: Oskar made a wise remark in the thread on the Helios
    > crash started by Ibby.
    > He said the prize fighters put a lot of pressure on the crew and in
    > practice that does compromise safety. Guess he's right, as always.
    >
    > Gerard
    No question in my mind about what Oskar said and he is 100% correct...we the
    consumers want more and more for less and less $$ and the execs are under
    pressure to satisfy shareholders and wall street...something has got to give
    and sadly as he says its safety etc.

    This may sound funny but we may even start out sourcing pilots...

    > "Gerard Verhoef" <Gerard_Verhoef@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Yes you are correct...good thing superstitions are just that :-)
    >>
    >> True, but you know the paranoid guy who said: Yes I know I am
    >> paranoid, but that doesn't mean I am wrong.
    >>
    >> But more seriously: Oskar made a wise remark in the thread on the
    >> Helios crash started by Ibby.
    >> He said the prize fighters put a lot of pressure on the crew and in
    >> practice that does compromise safety. Guess he's right, as always.
    >>
    >> Gerard
    > No question in my mind about what Oskar said and he is 100%
    > correct...we the consumers want more and more for less and less $$ and
    > the execs are under pressure to satisfy shareholders and wall
    > street...something has got to give and sadly as he says its safety
    > etc.
    >
    > This may sound funny but we may even start out sourcing pilots...

    Holds true for more than the airlines there buddy. Remember the Pinto?
    Firestone tires?

    --
    e v e n S k y

    Athalon XP2800
    1 G Ram
    GeForce FX5900XT
    160G H-D
    80G H-D
    XP, FS9
    Wingman Strike force 3D
    CH yoke n' pedals

    >> Gerard
    > No question in my mind about what Oskar said and he is 100% correct...we
    > the consumers want more and more for less and less $$ and the execs are
    > under pressure to satisfy shareholders and wall street...something has got
    > to give and sadly as he says its safety etc.
    >
    > This may sound funny but we may even start out sourcing pilots...
    its totaly true though. I watched some program about building planes, and
    they said something along the lines of

    "we have a, b and c safety features on this plane, OR x, y and z "customer
    comforts" and every airline company chooses x,y and z instead....of a,b and
    c"

    --
    From Overlag - Adam Webb

    >> This may sound funny but we may even start out sourcing pilots...
    > its totaly true though. I watched some program about building planes, and
    > they said something along the lines of
    >
    > "we have a, b and c safety features on this plane, OR x, y and z "customer
    > comforts" and every airline company chooses x,y and z instead....of a,b
    > and c"
    >
    > --
    > From Overlag - Adam Webb
    Flying is of course regular business, not only for pilots and other aviation
    professionals, but also for consumers.
    That means that we, the consumers, are behaving the same way as with other
    forms of transport: we prefer to speed with our car instead of risking being
    late for work. Simply because being late implies a short term penalty which
    we try to avoid. That speeding gives a greater chance on accidents is simply
    but knowingly taken for granted.

    If you can save a 100 dollars on a plane ticket and chances are 1 in a 1000
    to get killed instead of 1 in 10 000 I guess many of us will chose the
    hundred bucks.

    Gerard

    > If you can save a 100 dollars on a plane ticket and chances are 1 in a
    > 1000 to get killed instead of 1 in 10 000 I guess many of us will chose
    > the hundred bucks.
    >
    > Gerard

    exactly, although i hope the odds are not that bad ;-)

    (i know they just example hehe)
    --
    From Overlag - Adam Webb

Crash Video Games