Epson color stylus 750. Won't print black anymore...

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
March 3, 2005 10:45:49 PM

I have an Epson Photo Stylus 750 printer that I can't get to print
black.
I've tried the Windex in the ink snout tube trick, I've tried multiple
cartridges many, many clean cycles and no black. Some black printed
with the Windex but no more.
Is it possible the head is shot? If so, is this an easy fix? How
expensive and where do I get one?
I'm very mechanical and confident I could take it apart and replace the
head I just want to be sure first.
Is there a good test to see if it is the head?

The color does print, by the way.

Thanks.
Dan
March 4, 2005 9:58:53 AM

don't take it apart. email Art Entlich at artistic@telus.net and ask him to
send you his monograph on cleaning epson print heads. Be very careful about
doing anything with the ink snout - damage that and you printer is DOA.
Also putting fluid through it with much pressure can damage the head. I had
an Epson Stylus 900 that had a slightly clogged head and followed several
peoples recommendations. The best result was with Art Entlich's info. I
got it to work as good as new by following his suggestions exactly as they
are written. You may have to do what he suggests more than once - be
patient. The combination of cleaning fluid on the pad, cleaning under the
print head per his instructions, and doing print routines with cleaning
fluid in an empty cartridge may bring it back to life. Even after doing all
this I decided to get a new canon i960 which has really easy cartridges to
refill. If you can afford it I would suggest that you consider this
purchase. If you print very much you will very quickly save the cost of the
printer. read Neil Slade's info on his web site at
http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html . Much better quality
pictures and easy cartridges to refill.

!