Mio168 and SD Memory sizes

a b } Memory
November 9, 2004 2:08:28 AM

Hi.

Anyone using a 1GB SD memory on the Mio168 device?

Regards
Goran

More about : mio168 memory sizes

Anonymous
a b } Memory
November 9, 2004 2:08:29 AM

Hello,

Since the unit is Windows Mobile based, you should not have any problem
running a 1GB card. In theory, since WinCE uses FAT32, you could use up to
a 32GB card.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Editor

"Goran Ekstrom" <goek!removeantispam!@telia.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Anyone using a 1GB SD memory on the Mio168 device?
>
> Regards
> Goran

Anonymous
a b } Memory
November 9, 2004 2:08:30 AM

????

FAT12 was originally designed for use on floppies. It uses 12 bit to address
DiskClusters, hence the name. Since it restricts DiskClusters to a maximum
size of 16Kb, it can handle around 64MB total storage space at most.

FAT16 There's a 2-GB partition limit imposed by the maximum number of
clusters and the largest cluster size supported by the FAT file system. The
FAT file system is limited to 65,525 clusters. The size of a cluster must be
a power of 2 and less than 65,536 bytes--this results in a maximum cluster
size of 32,768 bytes (32K). Multiplying the maximum number of clusters
(65,525) by the maximum cluster size (32,768) equals 2 GB.

Then there are some minimum limitations that start to come in to play when
considering FAT32
It's around 260Mb, the maximum is of little concern at the moment (over 2
Terrabytes).

"Clinton Fitch III" <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> wrote in
message news:%23OFcrHexEHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> Since the unit is Windows Mobile based, you should not have any problem
> running a 1GB card. In theory, since WinCE uses FAT32, you could use up
> a 32GB card.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Editor
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>

> "Goran Ekstrom" <goek!removeantispam!@telia.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > Anyone using a 1GB SD memory on the Mio168 device?
> >
> > Regards
> > Goran

a b } Memory
November 9, 2004 2:44:03 AM

OK, it's file system dependent then. Good.

Thanks!

"Clinton Fitch III" <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> skrev i
meddelandet news:%23OFcrHexEHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> Since the unit is Windows Mobile based, you should not have any problem
> running a 1GB card. In theory, since WinCE uses FAT32, you could use up
> a 32GB card.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Editor
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>

> "Goran Ekstrom" <goek!removeantispam!@telia.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > Anyone using a 1GB SD memory on the Mio168 device?
> >
> > Regards
> > Goran

Anonymous
a b } Memory
November 9, 2004 6:31:43 AM

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 23:08:28 +0100, "Goran Ekstrom"
<goek!removeantispam!@telia.com> wrote:

>Anyone using a 1GB SD memory on the Mio168 device?

Hi Goran,

Yes, i use a Mio 168 with a 1GB Lexar SD with no problem.

Gerapa.
November 14, 2004 12:37:39 PM

Hi,

I'm using a sandisk ultra II 1GB sdcard with the mio168. Works well, except
that the ultra card is slower than my old apacer card.

eisbaer

"Goran Ekstrom" <goek!removeantispam!@telia.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi.
>
> Anyone using a 1GB SD memory on the Mio168 device?
>
> Regards
> Goran

Anonymous
a b } Memory
November 16, 2004 6:42:17 AM

I'm using a 1GB Kingmax on my Mio 168, works fine. What's the GB limit on
these things anyway?

Bob Donahue

!