skype phone?

With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on my
computer and then works just like a regular phone?

- JB
7 answers Last reply
More about skype phone

    "JB" <jbrandonbbremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on my
    > computer and then works just like a regular phone?
    >
    > - JB

    The SIP handset mutes your speakers when in use, inexpensive and good voice
    quality.
    http://store.sipphonestore.com/

    Here's a USB handset that bypasses your sound card for excellent digital
    voice.
    http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=475074
    It's branded "Glophone", but I have it in use both with SJPhone and XTen for
    several networks. Perhaps the best solution for net phone use.

    I own both of these units. I now use the USB phone because of the handset
    dialer and better voice quality. The USB handset does not use your pc
    soundcard to function.

    JB wrote:
    > With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on my
    > computer and then works just like a regular phone?
    >
    > - JB

    Where are you located..? In the UK Maplins sell a USB phone that works
    with Skype.

    Ivor

    In the US

    JB schrieb:
    > With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on my
    > computer and then works just like a regular phone?
    >
    > - JB

    There is a SIEMENS USB-dadpter which allows you to use your regular
    phone. The price in Germany is 100 ¤.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    P.Enis wrote:
    > JB schrieb:
    >> With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on
    >> my computer and then works just like a regular phone?
    >>
    >> - JB
    >>

    > There is a SIEMENS USB-dadpter which allows you to use your regular
    > phone. The price in Germany is 100 ¤.

    Or there's the Cyberphone K (note the K suffix) from
    http://www.voipvoice.com - you need the *orange* colour-coded one for
    Skype. Don't have prices to hand but mine was around £30 here in the UK.

    Ivor
  6. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote > > There is a SIEMENS
    USB-dadpter which allows you to use your regular
    > > phone. The price in Germany is 100 ¤.

    Is the Siemens M34USB available here in the UK or has anyone got any
    experience of using one?

    Sidk
  7. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    I've been collecting links to all the "Skype phones" that I can find.
    You can check them out at http://www.summitcircle.com/

    I also wrote a an "article", kind of summarizing all the different
    Skype phones that I've discovered
    http://www.summitcircle.com/wsnlinks/skypephones.html

    Good Luck,
    Philip