JB

With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on my
computer and then works just like a regular phone?

- JB

"JB" <jbrandonbbremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on my
> computer and then works just like a regular phone?
>
> - JB

The SIP handset mutes your speakers when in use, inexpensive and good voice
quality.
http://store.sipphonestore.com/

Here's a USB handset that bypasses your sound card for excellent digital
voice.
http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=475074
It's branded "Glophone", but I have it in use both with SJPhone and XTen for
several networks. Perhaps the best solution for net phone use.

I own both of these units. I now use the USB phone because of the handset
dialer and better voice quality. The USB handset does not use your pc
soundcard to function.

JB wrote:
> With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on my
> computer and then works just like a regular phone?
>
> - JB

Where are you located..? In the UK Maplins sell a USB phone that works
with Skype.

Ivor

JB

In the US

JB schrieb:
> With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on my
> computer and then works just like a regular phone?
>
> - JB

There is a SIEMENS USB-dadpter which allows you to use your regular
phone. The price in Germany is 100 ¤.

P.Enis wrote:
> JB schrieb:
>> With Skype, is there any phone that connects to the audio port on
>> my computer and then works just like a regular phone?
>>
>> - JB
>>

> There is a SIEMENS USB-dadpter which allows you to use your regular
> phone. The price in Germany is 100 ¤.

Or there's the Cyberphone K (note the K suffix) from
http://www.voipvoice.com - you need the *orange* colour-coded one for
Skype. Don't have prices to hand but mine was around £30 here in the UK.

Ivor

"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote > > There is a SIEMENS
USB-dadpter which allows you to use your regular
> > phone. The price in Germany is 100 ¤.

Is the Siemens M34USB available here in the UK or has anyone got any
experience of using one?

Sidk