HP DJ 5550

Hi

I have a HP DJ5550 and I want it to print, borderless, onto some new photo
paper I have bought, but I don't seem to have the paper size listed in the
options.

The paper I have bought is called hp photo paper 175 g/m2 and its' size is
10x15 (think that means centimetres) I measured it and it is 102mm X 165mm.
It does state that it has a cut-off tab, but I don't see one!?

The last time I tried to print (With ACDSee) it printed a tiny photo in the
middle of the paper. Can I download new options for the HP printing software
to list more size options?

Any ideas?

Thanx

Nik.

Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me Directly
P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA / HP DJ5550
Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 KB+Mse / Viewsonic VE710b TFT
Nvidia GF FX5700 256MB Graphics / WIN XP Home SP2 / Creative I-Trigue
3200
Asus P4P800SE MoBo / HP iPaq2210 / Sony NW-MS7 MP3/ Thompson ADSL Modem
Fuji Finepix S5000 DigiCam / Creative NX Pro WebCam / BT 1MBPS Broadband
More about 5550

    "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a HP DJ5550 and I want it to print, borderless, onto some new photo
    > paper I have bought, but I don't seem to have the paper size listed in the
    > options.
    >
    > The paper I have bought is called hp photo paper 175 g/m2 and its' size is
    > 10x15 (think that means centimetres) I measured it and it is 102mm X
    165mm.
    > It does state that it has a cut-off tab, but I don't see one!?
    >
    > The last time I tried to print (With ACDSee) it printed a tiny photo in
    the
    > middle of the paper. Can I download new options for the HP printing
    software
    > to list more size options?
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > Nik.

    You need a better understanding of image pixels per inch and how that
    relates to printer dots per inch.
    This might help:
    http://www.scantips.com/basics01.html

    Thanks for that. I have a pretty good understanding of that, I was merely
    trying to see if there is a simple way of selecting the appropriate paper
    size, so I wouldn't have to bother reading an entire website to be able to
    print a photo. I hoped there was a simple answer? ;-)

    Cheers

    Nik.

    "Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have a HP DJ5550 and I want it to print, borderless, onto some new
    >> photo
    >> paper I have bought, but I don't seem to have the paper size listed in
    >> the
    >> options.
    >>
    >> The paper I have bought is called hp photo paper 175 g/m2 and its' size
    >> is
    >> 10x15 (think that means centimetres) I measured it and it is 102mm X
    > 165mm.
    >> It does state that it has a cut-off tab, but I don't see one!?
    >>
    >> The last time I tried to print (With ACDSee) it printed a tiny photo in
    > the
    >> middle of the paper. Can I download new options for the HP printing
    > software
    >> to list more size options?
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanx
    >>
    >> Nik.
    >>

    > You need a better understanding of image pixels per inch and how that
    > relates to printer dots per inch.
    > This might help:
    > http://www.scantips.com/basics01.html

    I'd advise getting Qimage for all your printing, you'll be able to print
    whatever size your printer is capable of. Also buy a roller blade cutter
    like the £10 A4 one that Homebase sell which is amazingly good for the
    money. You'll even be able to trim a 0.5mm sliver off if you want, it's
    that accurate. Cutting off 15mm will be easy.

    "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a HP DJ5550 and I want it to print, borderless, onto some new photo
    > paper I have bought, but I don't seem to have the paper size listed in the
    > options.
    >
    > The paper I have bought is called hp photo paper 175 g/m2 and its' size is
    > 10x15 (think that means centimetres) I measured it and it is 102mm X
    > 165mm.
    > It does state that it has a cut-off tab, but I don't see one!?
    >
    > The last time I tried to print (With ACDSee) it printed a tiny photo in
    > the
    > middle of the paper. Can I download new options for the HP printing
    > software
    > to list more size options?
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > Nik.

    > Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me Directly
    > P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA / HP DJ5550
    > Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 KB+Mse / Viewsonic VE710b TFT
    > Nvidia GF FX5700 256MB Graphics / WIN XP Home SP2 / Creative I-Trigue
    > 3200
    > Asus P4P800SE MoBo / HP iPaq2210 / Sony NW-MS7 MP3/ Thompson ADSL Modem
    > Fuji Finepix S5000 DigiCam / Creative NX Pro WebCam / BT 1MBPS
    > Broadband

    I only pointed you to that article 'cause you seemed surprised when you
    printed a photo from ACDSee and it came out as a timy image in the middle of
    the page. That "surprise" is generally because the user doesn't understand
    the difference between pixels on screen and dots on paper. Obviously you
    do.

    I have, among other printers, an HP5550 and I like it quite a bit. I don't
    use ACDSee, so I don't know what to expect form that program. I do all my
    photo printing from Corel Photo Paint and never get unexpected results as
    you did from ACDSee.

    > Thanks for that. I have a pretty good understanding of that, I was merely
    > trying to see if there is a simple way of selecting the appropriate paper
    > size, so I wouldn't have to bother reading an entire website to be able to
    > print a photo. I hoped there was a simple answer? ;-)
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Nik.
    >
    > "Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> I have a HP DJ5550 and I want it to print, borderless, onto some new
    > >> photo
    > >> paper I have bought, but I don't seem to have the paper size listed in
    > >> the
    > >> options.
    > >>
    > >> The paper I have bought is called hp photo paper 175 g/m2 and its' size
    > >> is
    > >> 10x15 (think that means centimetres) I measured it and it is 102mm X
    > > 165mm.
    > >> It does state that it has a cut-off tab, but I don't see one!?
    > >>
    > >> The last time I tried to print (With ACDSee) it printed a tiny photo in
    > > the
    > >> middle of the paper. Can I download new options for the HP printing
    > > software
    > >> to list more size options?
    > >>
    > >> Any ideas?
    > >>
    > >> Thanx
    > >>
    > >> Nik.
    > >>

    > > You need a better understanding of image pixels per inch and how that
    > > relates to printer dots per inch.
    > > This might help:
    > > http://www.scantips.com/basics01.html

Printers Photo Hewlett Packard Peripherals