HP DJ 5550

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
March 4, 2005 5:54:55 PM

Hi

I have a HP DJ5550 and I want it to print, borderless, onto some new photo
paper I have bought, but I don't seem to have the paper size listed in the
options.

The paper I have bought is called hp photo paper 175 g/m2 and its' size is
10x15 (think that means centimetres) I measured it and it is 102mm X 165mm.
It does state that it has a cut-off tab, but I don't see one!?

The last time I tried to print (With ACDSee) it printed a tiny photo in the
middle of the paper. Can I download new options for the HP printing software
to list more size options?

Any ideas?

Thanx

Nik.

Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me Directly
P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA / HP DJ5550
Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 KB+Mse / Viewsonic VE710b TFT
Nvidia GF FX5700 256MB Graphics / WIN XP Home SP2 / Creative I-Trigue
3200
Asus P4P800SE MoBo / HP iPaq2210 / Sony NW-MS7 MP3/ Thompson ADSL Modem
Fuji Finepix S5000 DigiCam / Creative NX Pro WebCam / BT 1MBPS Broadband

More about : 5550

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 9:19:28 PM

"Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 09srv$fk9$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> Hi
>
> I have a HP DJ5550 and I want it to print, borderless, onto some new photo
> paper I have bought, but I don't seem to have the paper size listed in the
> options.
>
> The paper I have bought is called hp photo paper 175 g/m2 and its' size is
> 10x15 (think that means centimetres) I measured it and it is 102mm X
165mm.
> It does state that it has a cut-off tab, but I don't see one!?
>
> The last time I tried to print (With ACDSee) it printed a tiny photo in
the
> middle of the paper. Can I download new options for the HP printing
software
> to list more size options?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanx
>
> Nik.

You need a better understanding of image pixels per inch and how that
relates to printer dots per inch.
This might help:
http://www.scantips.com/basics01.html
March 5, 2005 1:33:33 AM

Thanks for that. I have a pretty good understanding of that, I was merely
trying to see if there is a simple way of selecting the appropriate paper
size, so I wouldn't have to bother reading an entire website to be able to
print a photo. I hoped there was a simple answer? ;-)

Cheers

Nik.

"Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D 09srv$fk9$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a HP DJ5550 and I want it to print, borderless, onto some new
>> photo
>> paper I have bought, but I don't seem to have the paper size listed in
>> the
>> options.
>>
>> The paper I have bought is called hp photo paper 175 g/m2 and its' size
>> is
>> 10x15 (think that means centimetres) I measured it and it is 102mm X
> 165mm.
>> It does state that it has a cut-off tab, but I don't see one!?
>>
>> The last time I tried to print (With ACDSee) it printed a tiny photo in
> the
>> middle of the paper. Can I download new options for the HP printing
> software
>> to list more size options?
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanx
>>
>> Nik.
>>

> You need a better understanding of image pixels per inch and how that
> relates to printer dots per inch.
> This might help:
> http://www.scantips.com/basics01.html

Related resources
March 5, 2005 10:05:51 AM

I'd advise getting Qimage for all your printing, you'll be able to print
whatever size your printer is capable of. Also buy a roller blade cutter
like the £10 A4 one that Homebase sell which is amazingly good for the
money. You'll even be able to trim a 0.5mm sliver off if you want, it's
that accurate. Cutting off 15mm will be easy.

"Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 09srv$fk9$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> Hi
>
> I have a HP DJ5550 and I want it to print, borderless, onto some new photo
> paper I have bought, but I don't seem to have the paper size listed in the
> options.
>
> The paper I have bought is called hp photo paper 175 g/m2 and its' size is
> 10x15 (think that means centimetres) I measured it and it is 102mm X
> 165mm.
> It does state that it has a cut-off tab, but I don't see one!?
>
> The last time I tried to print (With ACDSee) it printed a tiny photo in
> the
> middle of the paper. Can I download new options for the HP printing
> software
> to list more size options?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanx
>
> Nik.

> Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me Directly
> P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA / HP DJ5550
> Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 KB+Mse / Viewsonic VE710b TFT
> Nvidia GF FX5700 256MB Graphics / WIN XP Home SP2 / Creative I-Trigue
> 3200
> Asus P4P800SE MoBo / HP iPaq2210 / Sony NW-MS7 MP3/ Thompson ADSL Modem
> Fuji Finepix S5000 DigiCam / Creative NX Pro WebCam / BT 1MBPS
> Broadband

March 5, 2005 8:06:53 PM

I only pointed you to that article 'cause you seemed surprised when you
printed a photo from ACDSee and it came out as a timy image in the middle of
the page. That "surprise" is generally because the user doesn't understand
the difference between pixels on screen and dots on paper. Obviously you
do.

I have, among other printers, an HP5550 and I like it quite a bit. I don't
use ACDSee, so I don't know what to expect form that program. I do all my
photo printing from Corel Photo Paint and never get unexpected results as
you did from ACDSee.

news:D 0annt$mp5$1@hercules.btinternet.com...

!