SP2 & Media Player Installation Error

Stephen

I have just upgraded to Service Pack 2.

Since the upgrade i have noticed that Mediaplayer does
not work. When opened media player starts by displaying a
screen that gives you the impression its about to instal
but nothing happens.

I already had WMP9 installed before i upgraded to SP2.
According to MS this appears to be a known issue but i
cannot find a fix.

Because there is nothing to install it just stays on the
screen that you get when you first install.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be most helpful. I've
just downloaded the theme to Benny Hill and I can't play
it. Gutted.