Jet Tec - Everyone's talking about them, they must be good.

With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...

1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.

2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.

3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.

4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.

Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
Is this correct?

-Taliesyn

If you would like to support a low life spammer then it is your choice.

measekite wrote:
> If you would like to support a low life spammer then it is your choice.
>
> Taliesyn wrote:
>
>> With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
>> the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
>> website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
>>
>> 1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
>>
>> 2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
>> Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.
>>
>> 3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.
>>
>> 4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
>> Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
>> have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.
>>
>> Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
>> some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
>> inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
>> Is this correct?
>>
>> -Taliesyn

Okay, so I got the approval I was looking for from the two people who
are most in the "know" in this newsgroup. ;-)

-Taliesyn

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
wrote:

>With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
>the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
>website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
>
>1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.

Except for Biro and look how good they are...

>2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
> Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.

You're obviously not British or you'd realise how much *that* is
worth...

>3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.

They say...

>4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
> Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
> have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.

Who?

>Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
>some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
>inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
>Is this correct?

And they're such a big important company they have to spam Usenet
groups to get sales..

What does *that* tell you?

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Hecate wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
> wrote:
>

>>With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
>>the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
>>website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
>>
>>1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
>

> Except for Biro and look how good they are...

Never heard of Biro. Has that name even come up in this newsgroup?

>>2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
>> Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.
>

> You're obviously not British or you'd realise how much *that* is
> worth...

I do know you don't get the "Queenie" without reason. I think what
Jet Tec did with the chip thing on their Epson cartridges was quite
fascinating reading.

>>3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.
>

> They say...

It has to, or close. From the documentation I have, Canon OEM's have
27 ml ink and Jet Tec's, I read, have 32. I know that by itself doesn't
translate to exactly to 30%, but there may be other factors I don't
know about.

>>4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
>> Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
>> have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.
>

> Who?

I believe it's a photography magazine, obviously from the UK

>>Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
>>some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
>>inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
>>Is this correct?
>>

> And they're such a big important company they have to spam Usenet
> groups to get sales..
>
> What does *that* tell you?

I don't read spam, only comments. I only consider negative comments
when there is some proven basis. I've only seen a couple of loud
people with nothing to back their comments.

> --
>
> Hecate - The Real One
> Hecate@newsguy.com
> veni, vidi, reliqui

What does that mean, I came, I saw, I relinquished? ;-)

-Taliesyn

braine_dead@lycos.com wrote:
> Is Taliensyn a pseudonym for Toniesyn?

I'm afraid not. I'm in Canada, eh (;-). I checked one of Tony's posts
and, by the words he uses, he must be in Britain. Or else I've been
watching too many episodes of Masterpiece Theatre on PBS and everyone
sounds British. Wasn't that a great series on the Channel Islands during
WWII?

I believe I wanted to try Jet Tecs a few years ago but never got around
to it. They're not sold here, though I seem to recall seeing a major
electronic chain market refill kits at one time. I already have enough
refill ink that I'm using for my alternate printer, an i850.

What I'm looking for right now is BCI-3e blacks for my new iP5000. I did
buy Formulabs filled color cartridges but neglected to buy the text
black. So with Jet Tec being in the news, I thought I'd kill two two
printers with one cartridge . . . It's a joke, get it? In other words,
I'd get some interesting high-capacity cartridges (32ml vs 27ml), while
checking out firsthand the recent rants I've read about Jet Tec inks.

As we all know you can't rely on rumors and screamers in newsgroups.
And with the iP5000's ultra tiny 1 picolitre nozzles - the smallest in
industry, this should be a piece-of-cake-printer-ruiner, right? So what
should I expect - instant clogging? Runny text? Printhead meltdown?
Black turning to grey? (or is it gray?).

I didn't start this Jet Tec inks controversy. But I certainly will have
a little fun with it - and get some ink at the same time!

-Taliesyn

"Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Hecate wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
>>>the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
>>>website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
>>>
>>>1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
>>

>> Except for Biro and look how good they are...
>
> Never heard of Biro. Has that name even come up in this newsgroup?

I think he's refering to the company now known as BiC
http://www.bicworld.com/index_en.asp

>>>2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
>>> Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.
>>

>> You're obviously not British or you'd realise how much *that* is
>> worth...
>>

> I do know you don't get the "Queenie" without reason. I think what
> Jet Tec did with the chip thing on their Epson cartridges was quite
> fascinating reading.

Actually you *do* almost get a "Queenie" for no reason. It means absolutely
nothing. Have a look through last years winners
http://www.queensawards.org.uk/business/Winners/2004.html

Brisbane Moss Corduroys Corduroy and moleskin fabrics

Euroweigh Ltd Martley, Automatic weighing machinery

Viewframe Pictures PlcFramed prints, mirrors and photoframes

Hmmm..

>>>3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.
>>

>> They say...
>
> It has to, or close. From the documentation I have, Canon OEM's have
> 27 ml ink and Jet Tec's, I read, have 32. I know that by itself doesn't
> translate to exactly to 30%, but there may be other factors I don't
> know about.

Like, errr, lying? "up to 30%" could just as well mean you actually get an
extra 0.0001%

>>>4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
>>> Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
>>> have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.
>>

>> Who?
>
> I believe it's a photography magazine, obviously from the UK

I've never heard of it or seen it in the shops. They do have a website
though http://www.totaldp.com/, but it seems you have to pay to read their
articles from previous issues.

>>>Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
>>>some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
>>>inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
>>>Is this correct?
>>>

>> And they're such a big important company they have to spam Usenet
>> groups to get sales..
>>
>> What does *that* tell you?
>>

> I don't read spam, only comments. I only consider negative comments
> when there is some proven basis. I've only seen a couple of loud
> people with nothing to back their comments.
>
>> --
>>
>> Hecate - The Real One
>> Hecate@newsguy.com veni, vidi, reliqui
>
> What does that mean, I came, I saw, I relinquished? ;-)
>
> -Taliesyn

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:57:36 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote:

>braine_dead@lycos.com wrote:
>> Is Taliensyn a pseudonym for Toniesyn?
>>

>I'm afraid not. I'm in Canada, eh (;-). I checked one of Tony's posts

Posts?
You mean "spams"

In article Taliesyn says...
> With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
> the I could discern.

It's called subtle self-promotion.

Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party
versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two
publications quite interesting.

I suspect the studies were funded by Epson, but one would hope the
results are accurately reported.

The two articles are:

Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges, PDF:, This
summary report covers a study regarding page yield and reliability of
OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges.

Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges and Refill
Kits, PDF: This second summary report covers a study regarding page
yield and reliability of OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges/refill kits.

and they can be read or downloaded at:

http://www.tpr.com/PubConference.htm

a third, very interesting article can be found on the same page under:

The PEARLS(TM) White Paper - Image Print Quality Considerations.

You may wish to look over the footnotes from the ink tests and try to
figure out which brands they might have been referring to, since they do
not mention them by name (too bad!).

Art

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
> Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party versus
> Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two publications quite
> interesting.
>
> I suspect the studies were funded by Epson, but one would hope the results
> are accurately reported.

Interesting articles. HP funded a similar study, carried out by Quality
Logic. Results are available at:
http://www.hp.com/sbso/product/supplies/supplies_reliability_ink.pdf. The
results are similar, and also match my personal experience. I happen to know a
bit about the Quality Logic study - they printed over a thousand cartridges
and a few hundred thousand pages.

Regards,

On 5-Mar-2005, pete <pete@maildox.com> wrote:

> >1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
> <snip>
>
> Several others european ink peddlers make the same claim.

Trades Description Act requires that they prove it, and for that matter
that their products, as defined by manufactured, are made in Europe.

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:35:45 +0000, Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
>wrote:
>
>>With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
>>the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
>>website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...

>And they're such a big important company they have to spam Usenet
>groups to get sales..
>
>What does *that* tell you?

Yes its called Educating those Stupid Yanks & other dump people..

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 09:24:34 +0000, pete <pete@maildox.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:57:36 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>braine_dead@lycos.com wrote:
>>> Is Taliensyn a pseudonym for Toniesyn?
>>>

>>I'm afraid not. I'm in Canada, eh (;-). I checked one of Tony's posts
>
>Posts?
>You mean "spams"

Tony's post are Great so get lost..

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:11:50 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
wrote:

>Hecate wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
>>>the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
>>>website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
>>>
>>>1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
>>

>> Except for Biro and look how good they are...
>
>Never heard of Biro. Has that name even come up in this newsgroup?

Never heard of Lazlo Biro and his wonderful invention called a
ballpoint pen?

>>>2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
>>> Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.
>>

>> You're obviously not British or you'd realise how much *that* is
>> worth...
>>

>I do know you don't get the "Queenie" without reason. I think what
>Jet Tec did with the chip thing on their Epson cartridges was quite
>fascinating reading.

You get it if you hang around the decision group long enough with the
right thickness of brown envelope...

>>>3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.
>>

>> They say...
>
>It has to, or close. From the documentation I have, Canon OEM's have
>27 ml ink and Jet Tec's, I read, have 32. I know that by itself doesn't
>translate to exactly to 30%, but there may be other factors I don't
>know about.

Yeah, right. Do you also believe everything else advertisers tell
you? ;-)

>>>4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
>>> Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
>>> have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.
>>

>> Who?
>
>I believe it's a photography magazine, obviously from the UK

Which is so popular no one I know has ever heard of it. Now, if they'd
said "Professional Photographer" or Photography Monthly" or "Outdoor
Photography" or "Black and White Photography" or, well, I could go on,
but I'm sure you get the picture.

>>>Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
>>>some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
>>>inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
>>>Is this correct?
>>>

>> And they're such a big important company they have to spam Usenet
>> groups to get sales..
>>
>> What does *that* tell you?
>>

>I don't read spam, only comments. I only consider negative comments
>when there is some proven basis. I've only seen a couple of loud
>people with nothing to back their comments.

So you'll never have read any of Tony's posts then which are 99% spam
pushing JetTec inks?

>> --
>>
>> Hecate - The Real One
>> Hecate@newsguy.com
>> veni, vidi, reliqui
>
>What does that mean, I came, I saw, I relinquished? ;-)

It's an old Roman joke from a number of their comedies - you go the
literal meaning, but the colloquial (Roman" meaning is "I came, I saw,
I went away again" ;-)

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:22:49 +1300, BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 09:24:34 +0000, pete <pete@maildox.com> wrote:

>>>I'm afraid not. I'm in Canada, eh (;-). I checked one of Tony's posts
>>
>>Posts?
>>You mean "spams"
>

>Tony's post are Great so get lost..

Hi Tony....

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party
> versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two
> publications quite interesting.
>
> I suspect the studies were funded by Epson, but one would hope the
> results are accurately reported.
>
> The two articles are:
>
> Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges, PDF:, This
> summary report covers a study regarding page yield and reliability of
> OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges.
>
> Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges and Refill
> Kits, PDF: This second summary report covers a study regarding page
> yield and reliability of OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges/refill
> kits.
> and they can be read or downloaded at:
>
> http://www.tpr.com/PubConference.htm
>
> a third, very interesting article can be found on the same page under:
>
> The PEARLS(TM) White Paper - Image Print Quality Considerations.
>
> You may wish to look over the footnotes from the ink tests and try to
> figure out which brands they might have been referring to, since they
> do not mention them by name (too bad!).
>
> Art

Sorry, but unless we actually /know/ what 'Brand A' and 'Brand B' are it's
meaningless. It's like those washing powder ads where they test Daz, Ariel
or Persil against 'Brand X'. Unless we know what the other brands are it
just smacks of a huge advertisement for Epson.
on salads.

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 15:19:23 GMT, "Roy"
<royphoty@iona-guesthouse.co.uk> wrote:

>"Everyone is talking about Jet Tec"
>
>On Wednesday I was at a meeting of the Scottish Photographic Circle, a
>"Prints Only" Club where everyone now uses Computers.
>
>The main subject of conversation was Printers and Papers, and the about to
>be released R1800. I am certain I never once heard Jet Tec mentioned. I am
>fairly certain I heard most of the conversations, so I am either getting
>very much more deaf than I thought, or I must have fallen asleep at some
>point.
>
>Alas, old age and decrepitude must be coming along faster than ever, perhaps
>I should just lie down and fold my arms on my chest.
>
>What! Someone could be telling Porkie Pies to this Group. Oh surely not!

LOL! The only 3rd party inks I ever hear get mentioned are Lyson,
Permajet and the US company MSI (?).

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:33:35 GMT, Arthur Entlich <artistic@telus.net>
wrote:

>Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party
>versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two
>publications quite interesting.

Actually, they're absolutely useless because they don't state what
third party inks they used. Consequently you don't know if they've
used:

a. Cheap inks which you'd expect to give bad results (Most likely as
they wouldn't want to make Epson look bad now would they?) or

b. Good quality inks such as Permajet or Lyson (which, I'm sure would
have given rather more interesting results that Epson wouldn't like)

But we'll never know will we....

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

It does sound like Epson hand picked the contestant while knowing what
the outcome would be.

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>Arthur Entlich wrote:
>

>>Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party
>>versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two
>>publications quite interesting.
>>
>>I suspect the studies were funded by Epson, but one would hope the
>>results are accurately reported.
>>
>>The two articles are:
>>
>>Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges, PDF:, This
>>summary report covers a study regarding page yield and reliability of
>>OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges.
>>
>>Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges and Refill
>>Kits, PDF: This second summary report covers a study regarding page
>>yield and reliability of OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges/refill
>>kits.
>>and they can be read or downloaded at:
>>
>>http://www.tpr.com/PubConference.htm
>>
>>a third, very interesting article can be found on the same page under:
>>
>>The PEARLS(TM) White Paper - Image Print Quality Considerations.
>>
>>You may wish to look over the footnotes from the ink tests and try to
>>figure out which brands they might have been referring to, since they
>>do not mention them by name (too bad!).
>>
>>Art
>>

>Sorry, but unless we actually /know/ what 'Brand A' and 'Brand B' are it's
>meaningless. It's like those washing powder ads where they test Daz, Ariel
>or Persil against 'Brand X'. Unless we know what the other brands are it
>just smacks of a huge advertisement for Epson.

And Formulabs. First I heard of PermaJet. The funny thing about all of
the 3rd party sources that sell 3rd party ink is that they all say they
are compatible and they all say they meet some ISO standard but they do
not want to tell you the brand. They all put their name on some noname
brand and it is difficult to know what you are getting and also
difficult to know from purchase to purchase what you are getting from
the same source.

They are truly Brand X.

It could also be some lousey brand is being sold under many many
different names which could also explain why so many people are having
similar problems using the same Brand X under different names. I also
love the money back warranty. The purchaser gets back $25.00 and gives
up a $150.00 printer.

Hold on, before you drop your panties, I am talking about low level
Brand X inks.

measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in

> And Formulabs. First I heard of PermaJet. The funny thing about all
> of the 3rd party sources that sell 3rd party ink is that they all say
> they are compatible

Would you prefer they say nothing?

> and they all say they meet some ISO standard

A very closely followed standard of manufacturing to ensure quality and
consistency. It's for your own good.

> but they do not want to tell you the brand. They all put their name
> some noname brand and it is difficult to know what you are getting and >
also difficult to know from purchase to purchase what you are getting
> from the same source.

Same with any store brand grocery item you buy. They don't tell you who
makes it. Does Canon tell you who makes their inks? They only put their
name on it. Don't bother calling them Monday, they won't tell you who
makes it.

> They are truly Brand X.

Be warned, EVERY ink cartridge (OEM or other) you put in your printer could
be its final one. That's just the way it is.

I agree that the lack of revelation of which inks are being tested
against the Epson inks is a major flaw, and I wonder why the company's
names weren't revealed. The only thing I can think of, other than not
wanting to wave too red a flag in from of the bull, is because the brand
names may not continue to correspond with the manufacturing source,
since some ink jet cartridge "manufacturers" are actually not making the
cartridges themselves and may change distributors.

Overall, however, I think it was less than forthright not to list the
other brands by name. Perhaps if enough people write the testing lab,
they might reveal that information.

Art

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

> Sorry, but unless we actually /know/ what 'Brand A' and 'Brand B' are it's
> meaningless. It's like those washing powder ads where they test Daz, Ariel
> or Persil against 'Brand X'. Unless we know what the other brands are it
> just smacks of a huge advertisement for Epson.

As I mentioned, I agree. I wonder if enough people were to contact the
testing lab if they would consider revealing the inks by brand name.

Art