Jet Tec - Everyone's talking about them, they must be good.

With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...

1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.

2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.

3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.

4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.

Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
Is this correct?

-Taliesyn
33 answers Last reply
More about everyone talking them good

    Is Taliensyn a pseudonym for Toniesyn?

    If you would like to support a low life spammer then it is your choice.

    measekite wrote:
    > If you would like to support a low life spammer then it is your choice.
    >
    > Taliesyn wrote:
    >
    >> With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
    >> the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
    >> website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
    >>
    >> 1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
    >>
    >> 2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
    >> Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.
    >>
    >> 3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.
    >>
    >> 4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
    >> Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
    >> have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.
    >>
    >> Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
    >> some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
    >> inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
    >> Is this correct?
    >>
    >> -Taliesyn

    Okay, so I got the approval I was looking for from the two people who
    are most in the "know" in this newsgroup. ;-)

    -Taliesyn

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
    wrote:

    >With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
    >the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
    >website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
    >
    >1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.

    Except for Biro and look how good they are...

    >2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
    > Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.

    You're obviously not British or you'd realise how much *that* is
    worth...

    >3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.

    They say...

    >4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
    > Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
    > have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.

    Who?

    >Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
    >some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
    >inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
    >Is this correct?

    And they're such a big important company they have to spam Usenet
    groups to get sales..

    What does *that* tell you?

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    Hecate wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
    >>the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
    >>website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
    >>
    >>1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
    >

    > Except for Biro and look how good they are...

    Never heard of Biro. Has that name even come up in this newsgroup?

    >>2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
    >> Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.
    >

    > You're obviously not British or you'd realise how much *that* is
    > worth...

    I do know you don't get the "Queenie" without reason. I think what
    Jet Tec did with the chip thing on their Epson cartridges was quite
    fascinating reading.

    >>3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.
    >

    > They say...

    It has to, or close. From the documentation I have, Canon OEM's have
    27 ml ink and Jet Tec's, I read, have 32. I know that by itself doesn't
    translate to exactly to 30%, but there may be other factors I don't
    know about.

    >>4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
    >> Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
    >> have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.
    >

    > Who?

    I believe it's a photography magazine, obviously from the UK

    >>Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
    >>some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
    >>inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
    >>Is this correct?
    >>

    > And they're such a big important company they have to spam Usenet
    > groups to get sales..
    >
    > What does *that* tell you?

    I don't read spam, only comments. I only consider negative comments
    when there is some proven basis. I've only seen a couple of loud
    people with nothing to back their comments.

    > --
    >
    > Hecate - The Real One
    > Hecate@newsguy.com
    > veni, vidi, reliqui

    What does that mean, I came, I saw, I relinquished? ;-)

    -Taliesyn

    braine_dead@lycos.com wrote:
    > Is Taliensyn a pseudonym for Toniesyn?

    I'm afraid not. I'm in Canada, eh (;-). I checked one of Tony's posts
    and, by the words he uses, he must be in Britain. Or else I've been
    watching too many episodes of Masterpiece Theatre on PBS and everyone
    sounds British. Wasn't that a great series on the Channel Islands during
    WWII?

    I believe I wanted to try Jet Tecs a few years ago but never got around
    to it. They're not sold here, though I seem to recall seeing a major
    electronic chain market refill kits at one time. I already have enough
    refill ink that I'm using for my alternate printer, an i850.

    What I'm looking for right now is BCI-3e blacks for my new iP5000. I did
    buy Formulabs filled color cartridges but neglected to buy the text
    black. So with Jet Tec being in the news, I thought I'd kill two two
    printers with one cartridge . . . It's a joke, get it? In other words,
    I'd get some interesting high-capacity cartridges (32ml vs 27ml), while
    checking out firsthand the recent rants I've read about Jet Tec inks.

    As we all know you can't rely on rumors and screamers in newsgroups.
    And with the iP5000's ultra tiny 1 picolitre nozzles - the smallest in
    industry, this should be a piece-of-cake-printer-ruiner, right? So what
    should I expect - instant clogging? Runny text? Printhead meltdown?
    Black turning to grey? (or is it gray?).

    I didn't start this Jet Tec inks controversy. But I certainly will have
    a little fun with it - and get some ink at the same time!

    -Taliesyn

    "Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Hecate wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
    >>>the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
    >>>website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
    >>>
    >>>1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
    >>

    >> Except for Biro and look how good they are...
    >
    > Never heard of Biro. Has that name even come up in this newsgroup?

    I think he's refering to the company now known as BiC
    http://www.bicworld.com/index_en.asp

    >>>2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
    >>> Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.
    >>

    >> You're obviously not British or you'd realise how much *that* is
    >> worth...
    >>

    > I do know you don't get the "Queenie" without reason. I think what
    > Jet Tec did with the chip thing on their Epson cartridges was quite
    > fascinating reading.

    Actually you *do* almost get a "Queenie" for no reason. It means absolutely
    nothing. Have a look through last years winners
    http://www.queensawards.org.uk/business/Winners/2004.html

    Quote:

    Brisbane Moss Corduroys Corduroy and moleskin fabrics

    Euroweigh Ltd Martley, Automatic weighing machinery

    Viewframe Pictures PlcFramed prints, mirrors and photoframes

    Hmmm..

    >>>3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.
    >>

    >> They say...
    >
    > It has to, or close. From the documentation I have, Canon OEM's have
    > 27 ml ink and Jet Tec's, I read, have 32. I know that by itself doesn't
    > translate to exactly to 30%, but there may be other factors I don't
    > know about.

    Like, errr, lying? "up to 30%" could just as well mean you actually get an
    extra 0.0001%

    >>>4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
    >>> Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
    >>> have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.
    >>

    >> Who?
    >
    > I believe it's a photography magazine, obviously from the UK

    I've never heard of it or seen it in the shops. They do have a website
    though http://www.totaldp.com/, but it seems you have to pay to read their
    articles from previous issues.

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:57:36 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote:

    >braine_dead@lycos.com wrote:
    >> Is Taliensyn a pseudonym for Toniesyn?
    >>

    >I'm afraid not. I'm in Canada, eh (;-). I checked one of Tony's posts

    Posts?
    You mean "spams"

    In article Taliesyn says...
    > With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
    > the I could discern.

    It's called subtle self-promotion.

    Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party
    versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two
    publications quite interesting.

    I suspect the studies were funded by Epson, but one would hope the
    results are accurately reported.

    The two articles are:

    Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges, PDF:, This
    summary report covers a study regarding page yield and reliability of
    OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges.

    Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges and Refill
    Kits, PDF: This second summary report covers a study regarding page
    yield and reliability of OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges/refill kits.

    and they can be read or downloaded at:

    http://www.tpr.com/PubConference.htm

    a third, very interesting article can be found on the same page under:

    The PEARLS(TM) White Paper - Image Print Quality Considerations.

    You may wish to look over the footnotes from the ink tests and try to
    figure out which brands they might have been referring to, since they do
    not mention them by name (too bad!).

    Art

    "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party versus
    > Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two publications quite
    > interesting.
    >
    > I suspect the studies were funded by Epson, but one would hope the results
    > are accurately reported.

    Interesting articles. HP funded a similar study, carried out by Quality
    Logic. Results are available at:
    http://www.hp.com/sbso/product/supplies/supplies_reliability_ink.pdf. The
    results are similar, and also match my personal experience. I happen to know a
    bit about the Quality Logic study - they printed over a thousand cartridges
    and a few hundred thousand pages.

    Regards,

    On 5-Mar-2005, pete <pete@maildox.com> wrote:

    > >1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
    > <snip>
    >
    > Several others european ink peddlers make the same claim.

    Trades Description Act requires that they prove it, and for that matter
    that their products, as defined by manufactured, are made in Europe.

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:35:45 +0000, Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote:

    >On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
    >>the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
    >>website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...

    >And they're such a big important company they have to spam Usenet
    >groups to get sales..
    >
    >What does *that* tell you?

    Yes its called Educating those Stupid Yanks & other dump people..

    On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 09:24:34 +0000, pete <pete@maildox.com> wrote:

    >On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:57:36 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote:
    >
    >>braine_dead@lycos.com wrote:
    >>> Is Taliensyn a pseudonym for Toniesyn?
    >>>

    >>I'm afraid not. I'm in Canada, eh (;-). I checked one of Tony's posts
    >
    >Posts?
    >You mean "spams"

    Tony's post are Great so get lost..

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:11:50 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
    wrote:

    >Hecate wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:04:58 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>With "everyone" talking about Jet Tec recently, for no reason
    >>>the I could discern. . . I was just checking the manufacturer's
    >>>website and saw of couple of things (maybe more) that got my interest...
    >>>
    >>>1. They're Europe's largest manufacturer of cartridges and inks.
    >>

    >> Except for Biro and look how good they are...
    >
    >Never heard of Biro. Has that name even come up in this newsgroup?

    Never heard of Lazlo Biro and his wonderful invention called a
    ballpoint pen?

    >>>2. Jet Tec won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation - for
    >>> Extra Life technology in Epson (also Canon) cartridges.
    >>

    >> You're obviously not British or you'd realise how much *that* is
    >> worth...
    >>

    >I do know you don't get the "Queenie" without reason. I think what
    >Jet Tec did with the chip thing on their Epson cartridges was quite
    >fascinating reading.

    You get it if you hang around the decision group long enough with the
    right thickness of brown envelope...

    >>>3. Their Canon BCI-3e gives up to 30% longer life than OEM's.
    >>

    >> They say...
    >
    >It has to, or close. From the documentation I have, Canon OEM's have
    >27 ml ink and Jet Tec's, I read, have 32. I know that by itself doesn't
    >translate to exactly to 30%, but there may be other factors I don't
    >know about.

    Yeah, right. Do you also believe everything else advertisers tell
    you? ;-)

    >>>4. I read on their website that they were "Winners of the Total
    >>> Digital Photography ink cartridge test." I'm curious, I would
    >>> have liked to learn more about this but failed to find any link.
    >>

    >> Who?
    >
    >I believe it's a photography magazine, obviously from the UK

    Which is so popular no one I know has ever heard of it. Now, if they'd
    said "Professional Photographer" or Photography Monthly" or "Outdoor
    Photography" or "Black and White Photography" or, well, I could go on,
    but I'm sure you get the picture.

    >>>Me thinks these are all good things. And I am in the market for
    >>>some BCI-3e black cartridges for my iP5000. So I'm guessing
    >>>inkylinkusa.com is where I should be going for delivery to Canada?
    >>>Is this correct?
    >>>

    >> And they're such a big important company they have to spam Usenet
    >> groups to get sales..
    >>
    >> What does *that* tell you?
    >>

    >I don't read spam, only comments. I only consider negative comments
    >when there is some proven basis. I've only seen a couple of loud
    >people with nothing to back their comments.

    So you'll never have read any of Tony's posts then which are 99% spam
    pushing JetTec inks?

    >> --
    >>
    >> Hecate - The Real One
    >> Hecate@newsguy.com
    >> veni, vidi, reliqui
    >
    >What does that mean, I came, I saw, I relinquished? ;-)

    It's an old Roman joke from a number of their comedies - you go the
    literal meaning, but the colloquial (Roman" meaning is "I came, I saw,
    I went away again" ;-)

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:22:49 +1300, BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:

    >On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 09:24:34 +0000, pete <pete@maildox.com> wrote:

    >>>I'm afraid not. I'm in Canada, eh (;-). I checked one of Tony's posts
    >>
    >>Posts?
    >>You mean "spams"
    >

    >Tony's post are Great so get lost..

    Hi Tony....

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    Arthur Entlich wrote:
    > Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party
    > versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two
    > publications quite interesting.
    >
    > I suspect the studies were funded by Epson, but one would hope the
    > results are accurately reported.
    >
    > The two articles are:
    >
    > Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges, PDF:, This
    > summary report covers a study regarding page yield and reliability of
    > OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges.
    >
    > Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges and Refill
    > Kits, PDF: This second summary report covers a study regarding page
    > yield and reliability of OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges/refill
    > kits.
    > and they can be read or downloaded at:
    >
    > http://www.tpr.com/PubConference.htm
    >
    > a third, very interesting article can be found on the same page under:
    >
    > The PEARLS(TM) White Paper - Image Print Quality Considerations.
    >
    > You may wish to look over the footnotes from the ink tests and try to
    > figure out which brands they might have been referring to, since they
    > do not mention them by name (too bad!).
    >
    > Art

    Sorry, but unless we actually /know/ what 'Brand A' and 'Brand B' are it's
    meaningless. It's like those washing powder ads where they test Daz, Ariel
    or Persil against 'Brand X'. Unless we know what the other brands are it
    just smacks of a huge advertisement for Epson.
    on salads.

    On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 15:19:23 GMT, "Roy"
    <royphoty@iona-guesthouse.co.uk> wrote:

    >"Everyone is talking about Jet Tec"
    >
    >On Wednesday I was at a meeting of the Scottish Photographic Circle, a
    >"Prints Only" Club where everyone now uses Computers.
    >
    >The main subject of conversation was Printers and Papers, and the about to
    >be released R1800. I am certain I never once heard Jet Tec mentioned. I am
    >fairly certain I heard most of the conversations, so I am either getting
    >very much more deaf than I thought, or I must have fallen asleep at some
    >point.
    >
    >Alas, old age and decrepitude must be coming along faster than ever, perhaps
    >I should just lie down and fold my arms on my chest.
    >
    >What! Someone could be telling Porkie Pies to this Group. Oh surely not!

    LOL! The only 3rd party inks I ever hear get mentioned are Lyson,
    Permajet and the US company MSI (?).

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:33:35 GMT, Arthur Entlich <artistic@telus.net>
    wrote:

    >Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party
    >versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two
    >publications quite interesting.

    Actually, they're absolutely useless because they don't state what
    third party inks they used. Consequently you don't know if they've
    used:

    a. Cheap inks which you'd expect to give bad results (Most likely as
    they wouldn't want to make Epson look bad now would they?) or

    b. Good quality inks such as Permajet or Lyson (which, I'm sure would
    have given rather more interesting results that Epson wouldn't like)

    But we'll never know will we....

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    It does sound like Epson hand picked the contestant while knowing what
    the outcome would be.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

    >Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >

    >>Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party
    >>versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two
    >>publications quite interesting.
    >>
    >>I suspect the studies were funded by Epson, but one would hope the
    >>results are accurately reported.
    >>
    >>The two articles are:
    >>
    >>Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges, PDF:, This
    >>summary report covers a study regarding page yield and reliability of
    >>OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges.
    >>
    >>Test of Epson Ink Cartridges vs. Non-Epson Ink Cartridges and Refill
    >>Kits, PDF: This second summary report covers a study regarding page
    >>yield and reliability of OEM vs. third-party ink cartridges/refill
    >>kits.
    >>and they can be read or downloaded at:
    >>
    >>http://www.tpr.com/PubConference.htm
    >>
    >>a third, very interesting article can be found on the same page under:
    >>
    >>The PEARLS(TM) White Paper - Image Print Quality Considerations.
    >>
    >>You may wish to look over the footnotes from the ink tests and try to
    >>figure out which brands they might have been referring to, since they
    >>do not mention them by name (too bad!).
    >>
    >>Art
    >>

    >Sorry, but unless we actually /know/ what 'Brand A' and 'Brand B' are it's
    >meaningless. It's like those washing powder ads where they test Daz, Ariel
    >or Persil against 'Brand X'. Unless we know what the other brands are it
    >just smacks of a huge advertisement for Epson.

    And Formulabs. First I heard of PermaJet. The funny thing about all of
    the 3rd party sources that sell 3rd party ink is that they all say they
    are compatible and they all say they meet some ISO standard but they do
    not want to tell you the brand. They all put their name on some noname
    brand and it is difficult to know what you are getting and also
    difficult to know from purchase to purchase what you are getting from
    the same source.

    They are truly Brand X.

    It could also be some lousey brand is being sold under many many
    different names which could also explain why so many people are having
    similar problems using the same Brand X under different names. I also
    love the money back warranty. The purchaser gets back $25.00 and gives
    up a $150.00 printer.

    Hold on, before you drop your panties, I am talking about low level
    Brand X inks.

    measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > And Formulabs. First I heard of PermaJet. The funny thing about all
    > of the 3rd party sources that sell 3rd party ink is that they all say
    > they are compatible

    Would you prefer they say nothing?

    > and they all say they meet some ISO standard

    A very closely followed standard of manufacturing to ensure quality and
    consistency. It's for your own good.

    > but they do not want to tell you the brand. They all put their name
    > some noname brand and it is difficult to know what you are getting and >
    also difficult to know from purchase to purchase what you are getting
    > from the same source.

    Same with any store brand grocery item you buy. They don't tell you who
    makes it. Does Canon tell you who makes their inks? They only put their
    name on it. Don't bother calling them Monday, they won't tell you who
    makes it.

    > They are truly Brand X.

    Be warned, EVERY ink cartridge (OEM or other) you put in your printer could
    be its final one. That's just the way it is.

    I agree that the lack of revelation of which inks are being tested
    against the Epson inks is a major flaw, and I wonder why the company's
    names weren't revealed. The only thing I can think of, other than not
    wanting to wave too red a flag in from of the bull, is because the brand
    names may not continue to correspond with the manufacturing source,
    since some ink jet cartridge "manufacturers" are actually not making the
    cartridges themselves and may change distributors.

    Overall, however, I think it was less than forthright not to list the
    other brands by name. Perhaps if enough people write the testing lab,
    they might reveal that information.

    Art

    Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

    > Sorry, but unless we actually /know/ what 'Brand A' and 'Brand B' are it's
    > meaningless. It's like those washing powder ads where they test Daz, Ariel
    > or Persil against 'Brand X'. Unless we know what the other brands are it
    > just smacks of a huge advertisement for Epson.

    As I mentioned, I agree. I wonder if enough people were to contact the
    testing lab if they would consider revealing the inks by brand name.

    Art

    Hecate wrote:

    > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:33:35 GMT, Arthur Entlich <artistic@telus.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd Party
    >>versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these two
    >>publications quite interesting.
    >>

    > Actually, they're absolutely useless because they don't state what
    > third party inks they used. Consequently you don't know if they've
    > used:
    >
    > a. Cheap inks which you'd expect to give bad results (Most likely as
    > they wouldn't want to make Epson look bad now would they?) or
    >
    > b. Good quality inks such as Permajet or Lyson (which, I'm sure would
    > have given rather more interesting results that Epson wouldn't like)
    >
    > But we'll never know will we....
    >
    > --
    >
    > Hecate - The Real One
    > Hecate@newsguy.com
    > veni, vidi, reliqui
  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    AA Battery wrote:

    >measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >

    >>And Formulabs. First I heard of PermaJet. The funny thing about all
    >>of the 3rd party sources that sell 3rd party ink is that they all say
    >>they are compatible
    >>

    >Would you prefer they say nothing?

    But most of it is bullshit.

    >>and they all say they meet some ISO standard
    >>

    >A very closely followed standard of manufacturing to ensure quality and
    >consistency. It's for your own good.
    >

    >>but they do not want to tell you the brand. They all put their name
    >>some noname brand and it is difficult to know what you are getting and >
    >>

    >also difficult to know from purchase to purchase what you are getting
    >

    >>from the same source.
    >>

    >Same with any store brand grocery item you buy. They don't tell you who
    >makes it. Does Canon tell you who makes their inks? They only put their
    >name on it. Don't bother calling them Monday, they won't tell you who
    >makes it.

    A no name brand of peas cannot render you printer useless. Dell private
    brands also but they will tell you their printers and inks are Lexmark.

    Canon is a 1st party mfg. If they have someone make their carts it is
    their design and under their control. It is not some fly by night
    retail outfit that has a website and cannot even write good English.

    >>They are truly Brand X.
    >>

    >Be warned, EVERY ink cartridge (OEM or other) you put in your printer could
    >be its final one. That's just the way it is.

    I do not believe that is true. Again, most of the problems people have
    with their printers come from CHEAP BRAND X 3RD PARTY INKS. There are
    some sources who sell in a large quantity that have developed a
    reputation. Their websites are usually informative and they will tell
    you who makes the ink they sell; be it Lyson or Formulabs etc.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On of the problems is that Brand X uses Mfg Z today and Mfg Y tomorrow
    claiming that their quality is consistent. You never know. With all
    but a few, it seems that people are having problems. Comparative
    testing will identify those few. When that happens, I think the
    problems people have with 3rd party inks will reduce.

    Personally, I think Epson hand picked its competitors because they
    anticipated the results and used these results for their own gain.
    However, we will never know the results of a real independent test.

    Arthur Entlich wrote:

    > I agree that the lack of revelation of which inks are being tested
    > against the Epson inks is a major flaw, and I wonder why the company's
    > names weren't revealed. The only thing I can think of, other than not
    > wanting to wave too red a flag in from of the bull, is because the
    > brand names may not continue to correspond with the manufacturing
    > source, since some ink jet cartridge "manufacturers" are actually not
    > making the cartridges themselves and may change distributors.
    >
    > Overall, however, I think it was less than forthright not to list the
    > other brands by name. Perhaps if enough people write the testing lab,
    > they might reveal that information.
    >
    > Art
    >
    > Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
    >

    >> Sorry, but unless we actually /know/ what 'Brand A' and 'Brand B' are
    >> it's meaningless. It's like those washing powder ads where they test
    >> Daz, Ariel or Persil against 'Brand X'. Unless we know what the other
    >> brands are it just smacks of a huge advertisement for Epson.

  27. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    It may not be their call. They may have a non-disclosure agreement with
    Epson.

    Arthur Entlich wrote:

    > As I mentioned, I agree. I wonder if enough people were to contact
    > the testing lab if they would consider revealing the inks by brand name.
    >
    > Art
    >
    > Hecate wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:33:35 GMT, Arthur Entlich <artistic@telus.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Anyone interested in looking at a couple of studies done of 3rd
    >>> Party versus Epson ink cartridges and refill inks will find these
    >>> two publications quite interesting.
    >>>

    >> Actually, they're absolutely useless because they don't state what
    >> third party inks they used. Consequently you don't know if they've
    >> used:
    >>
    >> a. Cheap inks which you'd expect to give bad results (Most likely as
    >> they wouldn't want to make Epson look bad now would they?) or
    >>
    >> b. Good quality inks such as Permajet or Lyson (which, I'm sure would
    >> have given rather more interesting results that Epson wouldn't like)
    >>
    >> But we'll never know will we....
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Hecate - The Real One
    >> Hecate@newsguy.com veni, vidi, reliqui

  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Measkite - your statements about non-OEM inks are not from personal
    experience but represent your distillation of the posts you have read. Many
    of the posts are made by people like me who have had excellent results with
    non-OEM inks and carts. My guess is that someone who has had a problem is
    more likely to post a complaint than someone who has used these materials
    successfully. Still, the preponderance of posts about aftermarket inks I
    have seen are positive. Inkjet printers will clog, even with OEM inks, if
    used infrequently. After prolonged use they can clog when dried ink buildup
    occurs. Low humidity conditions can cause clogs. OEM inks do not guarantee
    lack of clogs, and high quality non-OEM inks do not guarantee destruction of
    your printer! I am certain that some of the complaints people make about
    printer problems they blame on non-oem inks would have also occurred with
    OEM inks under the same circumstances. There are certainly some junk
    products out there, but there are also high quality non-OEM inks and carts
    (much cheaper than OEM) that give consistantly good results. I know because
    I have used them. I prefer authoritative statements from individuals who
    have used the products and report from personal experience.

    > AA Battery wrote:
    >
    >>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >>
    >>>And Formulabs. First I heard of PermaJet. The funny thing about all
    >>>of the 3rd party sources that sell 3rd party ink is that they all say
    >>>they are compatible
    >>>

    >>Would you prefer they say nothing?
    >>

    > But most of it is bullshit.
    >

    >>>and they all say they meet some ISO standard
    >>>

    >>A very closely followed standard of manufacturing to ensure quality and
    >>consistency. It's for your own good.
    >>

    >>>but they do not want to tell you the brand. They all put their name some
    >>>noname brand and it is difficult to know what you are getting and >
    >>also difficult to know from purchase to purchase what you are getting
    >>
    >>>from the same source.
    >>>

    >>Same with any store brand grocery item you buy. They don't tell you who
    >>makes it. Does Canon tell you who makes their inks? They only put their
    >>name on it. Don't bother calling them Monday, they won't tell you who
    >>makes it.
    >>

    > A no name brand of peas cannot render you printer useless. Dell private
    > brands also but they will tell you their printers and inks are Lexmark.
    >
    > Canon is a 1st party mfg. If they have someone make their carts it is
    > their design and under their control. It is not some fly by night retail
    > outfit that has a website and cannot even write good English.
    >

    >>>They are truly Brand X.
    >>>

    >>Be warned, EVERY ink cartridge (OEM or other) you put in your printer
    >>could be its final one. That's just the way it is.
    >>

    > I do not believe that is true. Again, most of the problems people have
    > with their printers come from CHEAP BRAND X 3RD PARTY INKS. There are
    > some sources who sell in a large quantity that have developed a
    > reputation. Their websites are usually informative and they will tell you
    > who makes the ink they sell; be it Lyson or Formulabs etc.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:34:35 GMT, "Burt" <burtnle@pacbell.net> wrote:

    > There are certainly some junk
    >products out there, but there are also high quality non-OEM inks and carts
    >(much cheaper than OEM) that give consistantly good results.

    Yes, that's true and exactly what we've been saying if you read the
    thread. The point is that, in almost all cases, the quality of the ink
    is in direct relation to the cost of said inks, at least as far as 3rd
    party inks go.

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:39:27 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >It may not be their call. They may have a non-disclosure agreement with
    >Epson.

    Of course. Otherwise Epson wouldn't have allowed the tests in the
    first place. :)

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    On 6-Mar-2005, Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote:

    > Yes, that's true and exactly what we've been saying if you read the
    > thread. The point is that, in almost all cases, the quality of the ink
    > is in direct relation to the cost of said inks, at least as far as 3rd
    > party inks go.

    What nobody seems to have mentioned is that refill kits should
    be formulated for the printer brand. Like you need HP, Canon and
    Epson refill kits. I suspect (from experience) that some inks
    may not mix with the old ink, maybe gel, precipitate, or be the
    wrong pH/viscosity or whatever.
    Not to mention the wrong colour balance.
  32. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    After reading through all the waffle and repeat quotes on this thread,
    some plain facts from an experienced JetTec user.

    Four years of using JetTec inks in a Canon BJC8200.
    Only once had a partially blocked Magenta nozzle; cleared in a couple
    of hours soaking in JetTec Cartridge Flush.
    Only one faulty cartridge in all this time, again a magenta one,
    replaced immediately and without question, not with one tank but a
    complete set of six!!

    Colours are as good as Canon OEM, and have recently printed some
    photos of a colourful Far-Eastern wedding, and even the original
    photographer remarked on the quality.

    So as you can see, I am a very satisfied JetTec user, and with tanks
    about a third of the cost of Canon's, I would soon recover the cost
    of a new printhead should I need one.
  33. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    There is a site called www.inkqueens.com. They sale good quality EPSON
    ink cartridge at good price. uU may like to give try.

Printers Peripherals