Differences between X1900 XT & XTX

BJones048

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
Are the only differences between the XT and the XTX the speed, or does the XTX give better visual quality charicteristics as well?

If speed is the only difference, is it worth it to get the XTX or is speed of the XT sufficient? I do plan on eventually going crossfire no matter what card I initially get.

BJones048

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
I just did some research and it seems like the XTX is only faster and both cards have the same visual qualities. The amount that the XTX is faster by, according to the sites I am reading, it seems practical to go with the XT especially since the crossfire card runs at the same speeds as the XT.

Id like to thank myself for answering my own question. But if anyone else has any suggestions or comments please leave them.

;o) Lata!

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Yeah, for a crossfire setup, the XT's the more practical option. For single card, it depends. I'm going the XTX, becaue I want the Sapphire TOXIC card, since I don't like the available aftermarket cooling solutions. available, and I don't want a leaf-blower. Besides, it's even faster than the air-cooled XTX :p

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
The stable stock-cooling overclockability of the x1900xt can easily hit xtx speeds. Save your money, get the xt. Also, in a dual-card setup the extra speed of the xtx is totally wasted anyway.

RichPLS

Champion
With CrossFire, by design both cards always run at their individual stock or overclocked speeds, so a CF + stock X1900XTX will run faster than a CF + stock X1900XT will.
Of course, best available is an overclocked HiS IceQ3 CF card + an overclocked HiS IceQ3 X1900XT

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
With CrossFire, by design both cards always run at their individual stock or overclocked speeds, so a CF + stock X1900XTX will run faster than a CF + stock X1900XT will.
Of course, best available is an overclocked HiS IceQ3 CF card + an overclocked HiS IceQ3 X1900XT

I'm sorry, I wasn't being very clear. What I meant to say was that the money spent on the extra speed of the xtx was being wasted. I didn't mean to say the actual speed was being wasted. My mistake. Since a stock xtx is usually only good for a gain of 2 or 3 FPS over the xt in most games, the gain of having one in Crossfire would be even less than the xtx's gain over the xt as a single card solution.

Okay, it's 2:00 A.M. here right now and I can't quite think of the right way to phrase that, so I'm gonna quote this article cause it says it better than I can right now.

"There was some question over whether the X1900 CrossFire would be a let down with it's XT clock speeds, but the difference between reality and the theoretical performance of 2 X1900 XTX parts in CrossFire is even smaller than the difference between the performance of an X1900 XTX and an X1900 XT."

P.S. Happy belated birthday.

PX7800GT

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
...but the difference in performance is minimal.
Yeah Yeah ... The Boss is Right ... The Difference Between These Two Cards are Just a Few Frames ... The XTX Doesn`t Worth The Extra Money ...
No Body Wants To Waste His Money Even If He Doesn`t Like To OverClock The GPU ...