Grandstream phone dead - help me please

Hello,

I'm using iconnecthere, I have a router netgear DG834G 54mbit
and a DSL line.

I had 2 grandstream connected to the router plus a Zyxel wifi 2000,

I had registered the 2 grandstream and were working fine.

Today, some hours ago, I see that the display of the sip phones
become blue and if I I touched the menu or numbers of the keyboard
nothing can be changed, I cannot place a call etc etc..

so I think .. reboot all, I go to digit the IPs and nothing.. so I decide
to reboot the router, when I did it, I see that the display of the 2
grandestram
become blue without any text displayed.

I cannot do nothing, seem dead all, I can see something that is flashing in
red
under the keyboard, as if the phone is out of service or have some proplem
I don't know why.

I cannot reach the IP of the phones, while the router yes and seem ok.

I'm europe and the sip provider is in new york.

Then, if can help, in the same moment stopeed to work my VPN that
is done with Usa always.

Can be something due network problems with Usa from Europe?

Can I do something, just wait or the grandstream are gone bad?
I had it since 2 days only!! are new .. I really don't know what to do,

help me thanks!!!

Grandstream are killed if they are downloading new software (maybe
automatically if configured to do so) AND the connection is stopped
duing the update.

I have a killed one myself :(
No switches inside to reset to factory setting.
I just had to waste some more money on a new device (another company
this time!)

> Grandstream phone dead - help me please
Sorry, not much help from my part then

--
Christen Fihl
http://VoIP.Fihl.net/

"Christen Fihl" <mail.address.on.my.web.site@nospam.plz> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:3482h9F48ms74U1@individual.net...
> Grandstream are killed if they are downloading new software (maybe
> automatically if configured to do so) AND the connection is stopped
> duing the update.

is incredible what I read!

However just right now I have the VPN again up, the problem is that
the grand stream don't react, I will try to connect to the ip and reboot...
but if I read what you read.. I need to think to start to kry,

I update you soon

"Christen Fihl" <mail.address.on.my.web.site@nospam.plz> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:3482h9F48ms74U1@individual.net...
> Grandstream are killed if they are downloading new software (maybe
> automatically if configured to do so) AND the connection is stopped
> duing the update.
>
> I have a killed one myself :(
> No switches inside to reset to factory setting.
> I just had to waste some more money on a new device (another company
> this time!)
>
>> Grandstream phone dead - help me please
> Sorry, not much help from my part then

nothing... the display is blue... and dead ...

I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY DOWNLOAD ... and you say that we have
not warranty, good to know, I hope soon to have a better phone to choose
becouse this is a big delution.

The manual say something like (out of my head):
"do not interrupt the firmware update as ...."

Maybe a warranty claim can be issued, I did not try to use it.

--

messaggio news:3484fpF48j8v5U1@individual.net...
> The manual say something like (out of my head):
> "do not interrupt the firmware update as ...."
>
> Maybe a warranty claim can be issued, I did not try to use it.

in may pack there was not the manual, and however I never seen
the download, I just seen the phone highlight with a blue and stop,
then was not possible to click or move something in the menu', buttons
etc.. very strange

however, now I'm buying 2 new phones, where to keep updated
the phone with the latest firmware and how to say to do not update
automatically, and I repeat, I haven't seen this today, and he is dead
in a strange way.

You can disable the update function by not having a "TFTP address" ie
set it to 0.0.0.0
That is if you can get into the updatepage of the phone by browsing to
its IP address and having the password for it.

You can then update a few times a year (put in the TFTP address), if you
think you would gain anything doing this.

My dead phone reacts exactly as yours. Sounds as dead as mine.

--

messaggio news:348anhF48fb9qU1@individual.net...
> You can disable the update function by not having a "TFTP address" ie
> set it to 0.0.0.0
> That is if you can get into the updatepage of the phone by browsing to
> its IP address and having the password for it.
>
> You can then update a few times a year (put in the TFTP address), if you
> think you would gain anything doing this.
>
> My dead phone reacts exactly as yours. Sounds as dead as mine.

ok, where can I find the manual of grandstream?
and, if I put then the IP address, in ho may seconds decide the phone to
make
the upgrade? I still don't understand, becouse, I used the phone 2 days...
and today happened all this.

bye and thanks

"Christen Fihl" <mail.address.on.my.web.site@nospam.plz> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:348anhF48fb9qU1@individual.net...
> You can disable the update function by not having a "TFTP address" ie
> set it to 0.0.0.0
> That is if you can get into the updatepage of the phone by browsing to
> its IP address and having the password for it.
>
> You can then update a few times a year (put in the TFTP address), if you
> think you would gain anything doing this.
>
> My dead phone reacts exactly as yours. Sounds as dead as mine.
>
> --
> Christen Fihl
> http://VoIP.Fihl.net/

in the manual I have found in the website is not clear in how many seconds
this update will start automatically.

That's all, have you got an idea how to do a safe upgrade?
and where to read the upgrade benefits?
the ring tones with the ring tone tools are interesting, how many ring tone
have the grandstream becouse I had the time to use only the default ring...

thanks

Grandstream will always check its TFTP server to look for new updates.
Only way to disable is to remove TFTP address.
Safe update is best to do on a local network with own TFTP server, to
make interruptions minimal, or else :(

My VoIP supplier had there own TFTP server, and toll users which version
had which features. You still had to accept latest version or disable
the feature.
Grandstream has a firmware page on
http://www.grandstream.com/y-downloads.htm

Manual: http://www.grandstream.com/user_manuals/HandyTone.pdf see page
25 on TFTP updates for this:

--

messaggio news:34b5sqF49qlf8U1@individual.net...
> Grandstream will always check its TFTP server to look for new updates.
> Only way to disable is to remove TFTP address.
> Safe update is best to do on a local network with own TFTP server, to
> make interruptions minimal, or else :(
>
> My VoIP supplier had there own TFTP server, and toll users which version
> had which features. You still had to accept latest version or disable
> the feature.
> Grandstream has a firmware page on
> http://www.grandstream.com/y-downloads.htm

If I delete the ip server for the TFTP of Iconnecthere.com and then I
download
the firmware in that page, can I simply upload it from the configuration web
page?
Is it possible or I should do it via tftp adding the IP server?

And still I don't understand: if I add the Ip server where tftp when the
phone
will decide to download the firmware becouse this is not clear to me, if
there
is any command for initiate it, it when decide to do? after 24 hours? or
what?

thank you

Very simple logic used

If TFTP server found, and a better version found on server, then
download and install.

No delays, no trigger, nothing else

If you have your own TFTP server (like SolarWinds server
(http://www.solarwinds.net/Toolsets/Content/TFTP-Server.htm)) you could
just start the server program on your own computer, whenever you want to
upgrade.

--
Christen Fihl
http://VoIP.Fihl.net/

"Christen Fihl" <mail.address.on.my.web.site@nospam.plz> wrote in message
> Very simple logic used
>
> If TFTP server found, and a better version found on server, then
> download and install.
>
> No delays, no trigger, nothing else

Sorry for butting in but you seem to be missing the
question, how often does the phone look for the server?

George Dishman wrote:
> "Christen Fihl" <mail.address.on.my.web.site@nospam.plz> wrote in
> message news:34cbf1F44l87rU1@individual.net...
>> Very simple logic used
>>
>> If TFTP server found, and a better version found on server, then
>> download and install.
>>
>> No delays, no trigger, nothing else
>
> Sorry for butting in but you seem to be missing the
> question, how often does the phone look for the server?

If it's the same as my Grandstream ATA-486 adaptor, it checks the TFTP
server *only* on power-up. So you would need to cycle the power, if it
finds a new edition of the firmware it will download and install it.

> "vopa" <nist@nist.de> wrote in message
>> And still I don't understand: ... when the phone will decide
>> to download the firmware ... after 24 hours? or what?

See above.

Ivor