VoIP through Netgear Router?

I have set up Sipgate using xLite and it works OK - without a router.

Add in my Netgear RP614v2 router and the logon times out. I've set
Port Forwarding on all the recommended ports
(1000,3478,5004,5060,8000-8012) but it still fails. The RP614 does not
allow you to choose which sort of traffic it forwards - Netgear Tech
Support claimed that it sends both TCP and UDP for each port.
Additionally, Netgear say there is no way to switch off the firewall
function. Is that right?

Netgear old me this morning "Netgear do not officially support VoIP on
the RP614v2." The agent could not tell me of any other Netgear routers
that do support VoIP. Does that make Netgear a No-Go for anyone
wanting to run VoIP?

Has anyone managed to get an RP614 working for VoIP? Has anyone
managed it with other Netgear models - if so, any suggestions for what
else I can try?

The RP614v2 has Firmware version 5.20 _RC3NA.

John Geddes
England
2 answers Last reply
More about voip netgear router

    John Geddes wrote:
    > I have set up Sipgate using xLite and it works OK - without a router.
    >
    > Add in my Netgear RP614v2 router and the logon times out. I've set
    > Port Forwarding on all the recommended ports
    > (1000,3478,5004,5060,8000-8012) but it still fails. The RP614 does not
    > allow you to choose which sort of traffic it forwards - Netgear Tech
    > Support claimed that it sends both TCP and UDP for each port.
    > Additionally, Netgear say there is no way to switch off the firewall
    > function. Is that right?
    >
    > Netgear old me this morning "Netgear do not officially support VoIP on
    > the RP614v2." The agent could not tell me of any other Netgear routers
    > that do support VoIP. Does that make Netgear a No-Go for anyone
    > wanting to run VoIP?
    >
    > Has anyone managed to get an RP614 working for VoIP? Has anyone
    > managed it with other Netgear models - if so, any suggestions for what
    > else I can try?
    >
    > The RP614v2 has Firmware version 5.20 _RC3NA.
    >
    > John Geddes
    > England

    I have just setup the same sipgate and xlite throught my
    netgear rp614v2 router, when i forward the ports it wouldn't
    let me login but when i removed all port forwardings it
    works, dont ask why cos i have no idea. i do have upnp
    turned on.
    hope that helps

    --
    Paul.
    Remove 'nospam' to reply

    John Geddes wrote:
    > I have set up Sipgate using xLite and it works OK - without a
    > router.
    >
    > Add in my Netgear RP614v2 router and the logon times out. I've set
    > Port Forwarding on all the recommended ports
    > (1000,3478,5004,5060,8000-8012) but it still fails. The RP614 does
    > not allow you to choose which sort of traffic it forwards - Netgear
    > Tech Support claimed that it sends both TCP and UDP for each port.
    > Additionally, Netgear say there is no way to switch off the firewall
    > function. Is that right?
    >
    > Netgear old me this morning "Netgear do not officially support VoIP
    > on the RP614v2." The agent could not tell me of any other Netgear
    > routers that do support VoIP. Does that make Netgear a No-Go for
    > anyone wanting to run VoIP?
    >
    > Has anyone managed to get an RP614 working for VoIP? Has anyone
    > managed it with other Netgear models - if so, any suggestions for
    > what else I can try?
    >
    > The RP614v2 has Firmware version 5.20 _RC3NA.
    >
    > John Geddes
    > England

    I have no problems with a Netgear DM602 modem/router and a Grandstream
    ATA-486 on Sipgate. Never could get X-Lite working but I think it's a
    soundcard problem.

    Ivor

VPN Routers Netgear VoIP Networking