Overclocking my x850 pro

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
I was wondering if it was possible to overclock my x850 pro(agp)

I have always used the built in overclocker on the detonator drivers for my previous cards and never had a problem. Before that i used a different program(sorry i can't remember its name i believe it started with an R though.)

Anyways now whenever i try to use the built in overclocker with the detonator drivers the card freezes up after only a slight increase, does anyone have any suggestions?

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Omega Drivers
AtiTool use the latest beta version.

AtiTool is easy to use, you can setup profiles for underclocking and overclocking, different fan speeds can be saved to these profiles also.
Just use the find max core then reset and find max memory. Back them off about 10MHz (for stability) and save in the overclock profile.

The omega drivers are good also, does away with CCC and uses a CP style setup, the latest drivers are based on Ati 6.3, they have been tweaked.

BTW does RivaTuner sound familiar.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Im sorry it is the omega drivers i am currently using not the detonators. I was reading someone elses post at the time i made this one. I again apologize for this. Thanks for the reply.

I used his built in overclocking tool same one i used with my 9600xt but it freezes after just a slight increase.

Yes RivaTuner is the program i do believe