Russian scenery?

Any decent freeware or even payware Russian scenery out there? I'm in the
midst of a world tour that seen me take off from Scotland west coast
(Macrihanish) up to my local base, RAF Lossiemouth, then visited ...
Inverness, Wick, Shetland and Orkney, visited Norway, Sweden, Finland and
have arrived at Moscow in Russia, the thing that struck me with the default
Russian scenery is how bland it is ... I plan to visit a few more airports
in Russia before heading down to the Caspian Sea, that will give me some
nice options for my world hike, would really appreciate some links for
better Russian scenery if any exists?

Cheers.

Colin
4 answers Last reply
More about russian scenery

    For new areas, I always start now with Heather Sherman's scenery index;
    this lists a number of freeware files:
    http://fly-heather.avsim.net/asia_Russia.html

    For terrain not covered there, consider buying the FSGenesis mesh
    packaged as World Extreme Landscapes (WEL) for US$30. You can get
    chunks of this online for US$10, but Russia is so big that by the time
    you get all of it you might as well buy WEL and get everything else
    thrown in.

    David Wilson-Okamura wrote:

    > For new areas, I always start now with Heather Sherman's scenery index;
    > this lists a number of freeware files:
    > http://fly-heather.avsim.net/asia_Russia.html
    >
    > For terrain not covered there, consider buying the FSGenesis mesh
    > packaged as World Extreme Landscapes (WEL) for US$30. You can get
    > chunks of this online for US$10, but Russia is so big that by the time
    > you get all of it you might as well buy WEL and get everything else
    > thrown in.

    Even the free world 70 meter mesh does not cover north Russia. But the
    south may work, I will try later on to see.

    http://xs42.xs.to/pics/05334/70_meter_mesh.jpg

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    > David Wilson-Okamura wrote:
    >
    >> For new areas, I always start now with Heather Sherman's scenery index;
    >> this lists a number of freeware files:
    >> http://fly-heather.avsim.net/asia_Russia.html For terrain not covered
    >> there, consider buying the FSGenesis mesh
    >> packaged as World Extreme Landscapes (WEL) for US$30. You can get
    >> chunks of this online for US$10, but Russia is so big that by the time
    >> you get all of it you might as well buy WEL and get everything else
    >> thrown in.
    >>

    > Even the free world 70 meter mesh does not cover north Russia. But the
    > south may work, I will try later on to see.
    >
    > http://xs42.xs.to/pics/05334/70_meter_mesh.jpg
    >
    > boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Thanks for the replies, will look into buying World Extreme Landscapes soon.

    Cheers.

    Colin

    You can take a look at the http://www.avsim.ru/files.phtml?folder=44 web
    page. Maybe you can find something there. It's in russian, you can ask
    me if you don't understand it.

    Greetings,
    pawl_s

Video Games