Content missing in Windows 7 Professional

RMATHOMAS

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I have just upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional to take advantage of Virtual PC but I notice that when using the new W7 professional, there is a lot of web content missing from the display when browsing. e.g on the Yahoo home page, only the central section is displayed, the two side sections are completely missing.
Even the submit button is missing from this page!

Any ideas out there how I can see the full content of a display? (it is ok in Virtual PC running XP
mode)

RMATHOMAS

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Thanks all but no joy at the moment. I have uninstalled Adobe Flash numerous times and loaded latest to no avail. Internet Explorer 9 & 8 still have bits missing - but not on Google chrome, though that is always exhibiting Flash crash -= but that's another thread.
I've uninstalled IE totally and reloaded 9 first, same issue, so uninstalled that one and loaded the older and more stable IE8 but web content is still misssing. It seems that Windows 7 Professional has got compatibility issues with IE that windows 7 Home Premium does not have.....

I have Win7 Pro 64bit for 16 months and haven't experienced any issues.
If you're trying to use the 64bit browser that would explain alot.
Adobe doesn't support it.
It's really not fully supported or implemented on most sites yet.
The 32bit version of IE8 and 9 work fine.
Also up to date Java does wonders.

RMATHOMAS

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Thanks DavCon ..I've tried downloading IE9 32bit but the download refuses because it does not match my Windows 7 64bit. Message is "Wrong Version of Internet Explorer Installer. This version does not support your system type (32-bit/64-bit).
My system is Windows 7 ProfessionaSP1l 64bit

Yes exactly ! Win7 comes with IE 8 32 & 64bit.
Click start
All programs
You'll notice two IE's the 64bit version is noted
You've obviously unpinned the 32bit IE from your task bar
Easy to do, i've done it myself more then once
just re-pin it

RMATHOMAS

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Thanks everyone BUT..".Program Files x86" (32bit?) and "Program Files" (64bit) folders both contain IE9 v9.08112.16421.
The laptop is W7 Prof 64bit. Both versions are pinned to the task bar. The issue is that whenever IE is launched, there are areas within the IE window that are missing - buttons and graphics etc etc, that are fully visible in Google Chrome.
Very odd and this has only since upgrading to W7 Professional using the on-line upgrade service. It was fine when using the pre-installed W7 Home Premium. I need W7 Prof to use Virtual PC features.

RMATHOMAS

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
SOLVED!. Through sheer dogged determination, this issue has finally been resolved.
It appears the problem was all down to the settings that must have been automatically set when upgrading from W7 Home Premium to W7 Professsional.
The setting found within the Control Panel / Personalization - then changing the Aero Theme of Windows 7 to Basic and High Contrast Themes and selecting Windows 7 Basic.
As soon as this Windows 7 basic theme was selected and applied, all prgrams and missing content problems were resolved.............

RMATHOMAS

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
SOLVED!. Through sheer dogged determination, this issue has finally been resolved.
It appears the problem was all down to the settings that must have been automatically set when upgrading from W7 Home Premium to W7 Professsional.
The setting found within the Control Panel / Personalization - then changing the Aero Theme of Windows 7 to Basic and High Contrast Themes and selecting Windows 7 Basic.
As soon as this Windows 7 basic theme was selected and applied, all prgrams and missing content problems were resolved.............