How do I get rid of Dual boot?

lorthus

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
I built a new system and when I was installing windows something messed up so I installed it over again, so now everytime I turn the computer on I have to select between both windows, how do I fix that without reinstalling windows?

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I built a new system and when I was installing windows something messed up so I installed it over again, so now everytime I turn the computer on I have to select between both windows, how do I fix that without reinstalling windows?

Right click my computer and go to Properties.. click the Advanced Tab, and then click Settings under "Startup and Recovery".. turn off the checkbox "Time to display list of Operating Systems" or click the EDIT button and delete the incorrect line in the file. MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE RIGHT ONE OR THE SYSTEM WONT BOOT. Either way fixes your problem.

sex_monkey

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
my girlfriends pc has 2 versions of xp pro installed on it,im going to do that to disable the trial version of xp pro.but if there is 2 different xp pro's installed does that mean its taking up extra hard drive space?

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
my girlfriends pc has 2 versions of xp pro installed on it,im going to do that to disable the trial version of xp pro.but if there is 2 different xp pro's installed does that mean its taking up extra hard drive space?

Most likely, but XP can be deleted and it does not clean up the file that list comes from (boot.ini).

TRENDING THREADS