Good cooler for Evga 7800 GTX

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
Little brother just got the Evga 7800 GTX and i'm worried about it having heating issues. I've read tons of reviews on the card and its issues with heat and how its affecting a lot of peoples gameplay. So now, while he has the money, is interested in an aftermarket heatsink upgrade. So the question is, what do i get. I had thought of Artic coolings NV Silencer series with some AS5 paste.

Maybe a good zalman cooler? I just want something that will give noticeable results in this situation, his room stays relativley cool and dust free so take that into consideration. I just dont want him to have heating problems when he is into the game and doesnt have money left to spend.
thanks.

Maverick120

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
Try the new kuformula plus from sytrin , got good reveiws ( one on toms hardware) . Got one on my sons 6800s nice and quiet and overclocked each 15 mhz faster( one msi solid copper other arctic NV5)

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The Accelero did very well in closed case reviews on Madshrimps (Tops in noise and performance I believe). The Zalman didn't do quite as well.