ASUS SmartDoctor on 1900xtx HELP!! Emergency

gonk98

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
anyone can help me pls????
my asus smartdoctor cannot display my x1900xt voltage, temperature, and fan speed. It just display the core clock n mem clock.....
Is it something wrong? Coz i've already install every driver that required by my asus 1900xtx.
so now i'm only able to get my gpu info from aty catalyst (just the temperature, but not the fan speed or gpu voltage)

can anyone give me a solution please?
THX very much

NB: i also watch my gpu board, there are 3 pins, like pin for fan power in mobo, is that supposed to do with my problem with asus smart doctor?

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
That part of smartdoctor only works on nvidia cards. the only thing u get with smartdoctor on radeon is the core and mem multiplyer changer.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
That part of smartdoctor only works on nvidia cards. the only thing u get with smartdoctor on radeon is the core and mem multiplyer changer.
My old 9600XT showed all the settings, voltage, fan speed & temp.
Some cards have it built in some don't, the 1900 should.

gonk98, do you have the latest Asus graphics drives from their website?
And maybe .net framework 1.1?

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
Well im not totaly sure, but it dosnt work with my card. i have an EAX1900XT from Asus, and if you go to the Asus site to download the drivers, youll notice that they are located under the Nvidia part ( that is if you get them directly from the FTP server, but you see the link as well when uyou hold the mouse over the file from thier HTTP site).

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Do you have the ASUS Enhanced driver installed?

I looked on the Asus site at the 1900's, and they don't mention Smart Doctor for them. :?

AtiTool tells you your fan speed percentage & you can adjust the speed too.

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Go the tried and trusted way - get ATiTool or ATi Tray Tools. Both of these programs have long standing with all ATi users, and let's you perform nearly anything you'd want and didn't know of.

Asus Smart Doctor is like my Abit uGuru Mobo - very nice with bells and wistles, but not actually what one wants. And with ATi you get all the control on the card, so no 3rd party app required (bar fan speeds).