• SLI
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
May 22, 2006 7:02:08 PM

A8N32-SLI Deluxe Bios version 1205
1- Enhance PCI / PCIE compatibility
2- Support 7900 Series VGA cards
3- Enhance SATA RAID compatibility

Hopefully this will solve all the little quirks my new 7900 has caused.

More about : bios 1205 a8n32 sli deluxe

May 23, 2006 12:52:53 AM

Out of interest, what quirks?

I'm running 2 BFGtech 7900GT's SLI on mine and never had a problem - yes I had a faulty mboard which eventually failed to boot at all last Saturday, went and replaced with an identical new one and my machine is solid as a rock for the last 3 days as it had been before the 1st mboard died on me.

Would love to know what the 7900 fixes are that they've done on that 1205 bios - I'm still on the 1009 bios that came with this board on Saturday, daren't touch anything until I know it's stable for a few weeks ;) 
May 23, 2006 12:58:28 PM

I have random BS crashes, jerkiness, and artifacts that were never there with my 7800. I updated the bios last night and saw no change, except I did lose about 90 FPS in CSS. I give up with this card.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 23, 2006 3:06:20 PM

Which nvidia drivers are you running with your 7900? Is it a GT or GTX?

I've got CSS so maybe we can compare screenshots/artifacts etc.. if it will help....
May 23, 2006 3:08:10 PM

evga 7900 gtx with 84.56. i am at work so i cant provide any screens right now.
May 23, 2006 7:15:35 PM

My main game is CallofDuty2, I've not actually re-downloaded CSS since building this new one but if we can find something common to compare...
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 27, 2006 4:52:49 AM

Quote:
Out of interest, what quirks?

I'm running 2 BFGtech 7900GT's SLI on mine and never had a problem - yes I had a faulty mboard which eventually failed to boot at all last Saturday, went and replaced with an identical new one and my machine is solid as a rock for the last 3 days as it had been before the 1st mboard died on me.

Would love to know what the 7900 fixes are that they've done on that 1205 bios - I'm still on the 1009 bios that came with this board on Saturday, daren't touch anything until I know it's stable for a few weeks ;) 

Also out of interest to me is I also have an ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe that died, wouldn't do a thing when I pushed the power button just flat quit period, its presently in transit being RMA'd back to me but I got an EPoX to replace it with, just liked the layout better, the CMOS jumper on the ASUS was located in a lame location, and the PCI slots next to the PCI-E slots are useless, at least with my video cards they're not useable.

Did they tell you what had failed on the M/B?

I'm curious and a little apprehensive of this happening again?

Usually something like this failure is a fluke, but if numerous people have failures like this it could be a manufacturing flaw period, and just a matter of time for the failure to occur again.

I'd had my board 2 months before it failed, how about you?