Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Traffic 2005

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 1:51:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Is anyone else using Traffic 2005 yet? I don't spot any comments about it
yet.

I've had a quick play this evening after it plonked on my doormat
yesterday - nice to see a range of real life airliners at my favourite
airports again (I used to use Ultimate Traffic but lost the installer in a
PC upgrade and never put it back).

First opinion of the British ATC voices is - yuck. They are slow and sound
like a computer, so I've turned those off. The AI Smooth tool seems to be
working - lots of planes being instructed into holds and no "go-arounds"
noticed yet. Did wait an extraordinary time on a taxiway whilst a plane was
on finals 10 miles out - plenty of time for me to depart. Still, could
admire the scenery for a bit.

Tool to speed up the taxi speeds of AI aircraft is very nice.

My planes now seem to be taking off on the grass at Stansted with Gary
Summons scenery - I'll hold out for a fix on that.

As I said, only played for an hour - more experimenting to follow I expect!

D.

More about : traffic 2005

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 1:51:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi,

Yes, they actually fly racetrack patterns. The freeware version is
available as AISmooth at his web site:

http://www.sg-flightware.de/

Tom Gibson

Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco

Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com


Beech45Whiskey wrote:
> David Wright <REMOVEnonewsgroupspam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>The AI Smooth tool seems to be
>>working - lots of planes being instructed into holds and no "go-arounds"
>>noticed yet.
>
>
> Really, AI aircraft can hold? Now that would be interesting to observe.
> I wonder if they are actually holding (i.e flying a racetrack over the fix)
> or if ATC instructs them to hold but they simply fly on to their
> destination.
>
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:13:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

its not out yet is it????

i preorderd it.

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb


"David Wright" <REMOVEnonewsgroupspam@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4303a331$0$13695$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> Is anyone else using Traffic 2005 yet? I don't spot any comments about it
> yet.
>
> I've had a quick play this evening after it plonked on my doormat
> yesterday - nice to see a range of real life airliners at my favourite
> airports again (I used to use Ultimate Traffic but lost the installer in a
> PC upgrade and never put it back).
>
> First opinion of the British ATC voices is - yuck. They are slow and sound
> like a computer, so I've turned those off. The AI Smooth tool seems to be
> working - lots of planes being instructed into holds and no "go-arounds"
> noticed yet. Did wait an extraordinary time on a taxiway whilst a plane
> was on finals 10 miles out - plenty of time for me to depart. Still, could
> admire the scenery for a bit.
>
> Tool to speed up the taxi speeds of AI aircraft is very nice.
>
> My planes now seem to be taking off on the grass at Stansted with Gary
> Summons scenery - I'll hold out for a fix on that.
>
> As I said, only played for an hour - more experimenting to follow I
> expect!
>
> D.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:16:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

oooooh its order proccessing now!!! it was showing 26th Aug or something but
now its already coming!

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"David Wright" <REMOVEnonewsgroupspam@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4303a331$0$13695$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> Is anyone else using Traffic 2005 yet? I don't spot any comments about it
> yet.
>
> I've had a quick play this evening after it plonked on my doormat
> yesterday - nice to see a range of real life airliners at my favourite
> airports again (I used to use Ultimate Traffic but lost the installer in a
> PC upgrade and never put it back).
>
> First opinion of the British ATC voices is - yuck. They are slow and sound
> like a computer, so I've turned those off. The AI Smooth tool seems to be
> working - lots of planes being instructed into holds and no "go-arounds"
> noticed yet. Did wait an extraordinary time on a taxiway whilst a plane
> was on finals 10 miles out - plenty of time for me to depart. Still, could
> admire the scenery for a bit.
>
> Tool to speed up the taxi speeds of AI aircraft is very nice.
>
> My planes now seem to be taking off on the grass at Stansted with Gary
> Summons scenery - I'll hold out for a fix on that.
>
> As I said, only played for an hour - more experimenting to follow I
> expect!
>
> D.
>
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:44:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Beech45Whiskey wrote:
> Tom Gibson <tgibson@removethissunstroke.sdsu.edu> wrote:
>
>
>>Yes, they actually fly racetrack patterns. The freeware version is
>>available as AISmooth at his web site:
>>
>>http://www.sg-flightware.de/
>
>
> Thanks, Tom. I was unaware of this.
>

Apparently, that software has been removed from the sg-flightware website.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 8:44:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

woohoo got traffic2005

first thing i had to do was reduce the AI slider down to 60ish, because the
fps at gatwick was like 2fps with 180 aircraft in the area...... LOL

However the so called "British" voices are a total piss take. Its not the
1900s anymore, its 2005, ive not heard ONE british person talk like this,
and it really pisses me off.

The ATC "British" voices are more like Australians, with "good day" at the
end... Great shame they had to take the piss out of "British" voices
again.....

Anyway it seems good so far, only problems ive seen is AIsmooth doesnt seem
to work too great with the volume, however im not supprised!

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb


"David Wright" <REMOVEnonewsgroupspam@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4303a331$0$13695$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> Is anyone else using Traffic 2005 yet? I don't spot any comments about it
> yet.
>
> I've had a quick play this evening after it plonked on my doormat
> yesterday - nice to see a range of real life airliners at my favourite
> airports again (I used to use Ultimate Traffic but lost the installer in a
> PC upgrade and never put it back).
>
> First opinion of the British ATC voices is - yuck. They are slow and sound
> like a computer, so I've turned those off. The AI Smooth tool seems to be
> working - lots of planes being instructed into holds and no "go-arounds"
> noticed yet. Did wait an extraordinary time on a taxiway whilst a plane
> was on finals 10 miles out - plenty of time for me to depart. Still, could
> admire the scenery for a bit.
>
> Tool to speed up the taxi speeds of AI aircraft is very nice.
>
> My planes now seem to be taking off on the grass at Stansted with Gary
> Summons scenery - I'll hold out for a fix on that.
>
> As I said, only played for an hour - more experimenting to follow I
> expect!
>
> D.
>
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:31:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
news:WZadnYtxKZ1t0preRVnysg@eclipse.net.uk...
> woohoo got traffic2005
>
> first thing i had to do was reduce the AI slider down to 60ish, because
> the fps at gatwick was like 2fps with 180 aircraft in the area...... LOL
>
> However the so called "British" voices are a total piss take. Its not the
> 1900s anymore, its 2005, ive not heard ONE british person talk like this,
> and it really pisses me off.
>
> The ATC "British" voices are more like Australians, with "good day" at the
> end... Great shame they had to take the piss out of "British" voices
> again.....
>
> Anyway it seems good so far, only problems ive seen is AIsmooth doesnt
> seem to work too great with the volume, however im not supprised!
>
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb

Lor' Lummy Guv'nor watcha mean British accents no longer sound like this,
cor blimey me ol' mate.
Anyway enogh of that. I dont have the new traffic prog, will remain with UT
however I do fiind the freeware version of AISmooth works a treat and it's
by the same chap obtainable at http://www.sg-flightware.de/.
Tally-Ho!!
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:47:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

> Lor' Lummy Guv'nor watcha mean British accents no longer sound like
> this, cor blimey me ol' mate.

Yes Bart Simpson has a great 1920's British accent. I guess they'll catch up
one day :-)

--
Sincerely Quilljar

'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 5:28:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

hehe that bart simpson is great ;-)

AIsmooth, and the one included with FS traffic2005 are basicaly totaly the
same, apart from more options in the FS traffic version. The program WORKS
ok, however i found GA aircraft seem to screw it up totally. Simply because
GA aircraft seem to always jump infront of the faster airliners, and its the
airliners that always get the Goarounds/ orders to stop coming in.

I also noticed some AI aircraft taxing through other AI aircraft???

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb


"Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D e81bu$eig$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> Lor' Lummy Guv'nor watcha mean British accents no longer sound like
>> this, cor blimey me ol' mate.
>
> Yes Bart Simpson has a great 1920's British accent. I guess they'll catch
> up one day :-)
>
> --
> Sincerely Quilljar
>
> 'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'
>
!