Canon black doesn't print on return pass of head

i560

This one's weird. A document won't print every other pass of the print
head (left to right or the other way around, I don't know).

HOWEVER . . .

As long as I park any color at all in the vertical stretch of paper,
the black text will print fine (no blank passes).

So if I have a full page of text and the top half has a thin vertical
blue line to one side (for example), the top half will be readable and
the bottom half will be banded with blank passes of the head.

This was a tough one to google for, too. :-/

Any ideas?

- Scott
1 answer Last reply
More about canon black doesn print return pass head

    <scott.marquardt@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > i560
    >
    > This one's weird. A document won't print every other pass of the print
    > head (left to right or the other way around, I don't know).
    >
    > HOWEVER . . .
    >
    > As long as I park any color at all in the vertical stretch of paper,
    > the black text will print fine (no blank passes).
    >
    > So if I have a full page of text and the top half has a thin vertical
    > blue line to one side (for example), the top half will be readable and
    > the bottom half will be banded with blank passes of the head.
    >
    > This was a tough one to google for, too. :-/
    >
    > Any ideas?

    If you perform a Nozzle Test Pattern, are all grids complete?
    Are the boxes below the grids complete?

Printers Canon Peripherals