VoIP with RTP

Hello,

I would like to transfer voice over IP by using RTP/UDP. But, before
getting RTP packets, I should invite someone or answer invitiation
without SIP.

Which protocal is the best to initiate(request or answer) a session?

Thanks,
Uzun
1 answer Last reply
More about voip

    Send a mail to the other guy maybe ;-)
    I would use SIP, as I then can use a lot of other programs/devices.

    Without SIP, you could just have the RTP port open and ready, and when
    somebody calls with "hello" on the line, you pickup your own microphone.

    You do not have to do invitations at all. It depends on what you want to use
    this for.

    --
    Christen Fihl
    http://VoIP.fihl.net