VoIP with RTP

Last response: in Networking
January 11, 2005 9:48:20 AM

Hello,

I would like to transfer voice over IP by using RTP/UDP. But, before
getting RTP packets, I should invite someone or answer invitiation
without SIP.

Which protocal is the best to initiate(request or answer) a session?

Thanks,
Uzun

More about : voip rtp

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 7:18:30 PM

Send a mail to the other guy maybe ;-)
I would use SIP, as I then can use a lot of other programs/devices.

Without SIP, you could just have the RTP port open and ready, and when
somebody calls with "hello" on the line, you pickup your own microphone.

You do not have to do invitations at all. It depends on what you want to use
this for.

--
Christen Fihl
http://VoIP.fihl.net