Windows XP Basic SP2 delays

I have a Dell 1150 Inspirion Notebook running XP. Twice, I've downloaded the
XP SP2, and after installing it, the computer acts like an old 286 machine
with really slow response time in all functions. Has anybody experienced
similiar problems? I had to reload XP the first time to get it back to
operating condition. Anybody have any fixes?

cacsmret wrote:
> I have a Dell 1150 Inspirion Notebook running XP. Twice, I've
> downloaded the XP SP2, and after installing it, the computer acts
> like an old 286 machine with really slow response time in all
> functions. Has anybody experienced similiar problems? I had to
> reload XP the first time to get it back to operating condition.
> Anybody have any fixes?

Have you checked with Dell? Some systems may require driver or software
updates for compatibility with SP2.

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?cat=sup&subcat=dkb&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&k=windows%20xp%20service%20pack%202

--

Ronnie Vernon