Who uses a PPC for email?

November 9, 2004 6:27:19 PM

If so do you use the voice mail features? You can use voice recorder and
attach files to an email. I'd imagine you would as its hard to type on a PPC.

John
-------
http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve -Steve Walz website
http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve/walz/in... -Topical
postings page.
Should such a violent person be in a mental ward, behind bars or roaming
Newsgroups?

More about : ppc email

November 9, 2004 6:27:20 PM

Normally I just type short messages. Never actually used the voice recorder
to send with an email message. I guess I mostly use it to check me emails
and then if it's really important make a phone call.

"John" <crucifyself03@aol.comREMOVE> wrote in message
> If so do you use the voice mail features? You can use voice recorder and
> attach files to an email. I'd imagine you would as its hard to type on a
> PPC.
>

> John
> -------
> http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve -Steve Walz website
> http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve/walz/in... -Topical
> postings page.
> Should such a violent person be in a mental ward, behind bars or roaming
> Newsgroups?
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 6:27:20 PM

I usually use the snapon keyboard for my 6315. For a smartphone using voice
replies is the best solution but with phone editions and regular ppc's I
just use the keyboard. I can tap out a great deal.

rights...

"John" <crucifyself03@aol.comREMOVE> wrote in message
> If so do you use the voice mail features? You can use voice recorder and
> attach files to an email. I'd imagine you would as its hard to type on a
> PPC.
>

> John
> -------
> http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve -Steve Walz website
> http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve/walz/in... -Topical
> postings page.
> Should such a violent person be in a mental ward, behind bars or roaming
> Newsgroups?
November 9, 2004 6:27:21 PM

I agree, writing in an email or a word document is one place that the
transcriber (handwriting recognition) really shines. I usually use the
small keyboard for inputting forms and fields, but for writing long complete
sentences transcriber works great.

"HotRod" <NOSPAM@youremail.com> wrote in message
Normally I just type short messages. Never actually used the voice recorder
to send with an email message. I guess I mostly use it to check me emails
and then if it's really important make a phone call.

"John" <crucifyself03@aol.comREMOVE> wrote in message
> If so do you use the voice mail features? You can use voice recorder and
> attach files to an email. I'd imagine you would as its hard to type on a
> PPC.
>

> John
> -------
> http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve -Steve Walz website
> http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve/walz/in... -Topical
> postings page.
> Should such a violent person be in a mental ward, behind bars or roaming
> Newsgroups?
November 9, 2004 11:51:20 PM

John wrote:
> If so do you use the voice mail features? You can use voice recorder and
> attach files to an email. I'd imagine you would as its hard to type on a PPC.

WAV files cost a lot to send over GPRS!

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

Older email clients (Eudora Pro, Internet Voice Mail) used to have voice
mail stuff built in. Most people dont use it anymore, but I still have
a client on my Mac and PC with it built in. In 1994 it was useful as
cell phones were not very much used then, and long distance cost an arm
and a leg, but in 2004 computer voice mail seems to be all but dead.

John

In article <10p1oildj8alvca@corp.supernews.com>,

--
Vote George W. Bush in the November election!
http://www.georgewbush.com

I've been trying to incorporate Eudora Pro's voice mail ablities, but
few know how to read pure voice files. I like Pure Voice as I can
usually talk much faster than type. However with a Pocket PC .wav files
are usually a better alternative over .qcp files which few even know
exist!

John

--
!