JoeB

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2003

eTrust Antivirus version 7.0.139 was installed on my
system by friend and I'm learning to use it. When I run
a scan the comment 'open error' appears at some point
during the process. What does 'open error' mean? What
action should I take?

tonys

JoeB wrote:
: eTrust Antivirus version 7.0.139 was installed on my
: system by friend and I'm learning to use it. When I run
: a scan the comment 'open error' appears at some point
: during the process. What does 'open error' mean? What
: action should I take?
http://www.my-etrust.com/ask.sammy.cfm
Ask Sammy. Type open error
TonyS

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:47:13 -0700, "JoeB"

>eTrust Antivirus version 7.0.139 was installed on my
>system by friend and I'm learning to use it. When I run
>a scan the comment 'open error' appears at some point
>during the process. What does 'open error' mean? What
>action should I take?

It may mean that the scanner is attempting to open and scan locked
files (files in use by the OS) during the scan. Locked files cannot
be opened and scanned.

This is not an unusual occurence, and does not indicate an "error".

Donald L McDaniel
Keep the thread intact
Post reply to original newsgroup