Video Card 3rd Party Fan/Warranty Question.

dangerdave

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004
I'm thinking about getting an 7900 Gt. But, I've been hearing that they are kinda loud. (I currently have a x800 Pro, its a little loud for me.)

My question: What company won't void my warranty if I install a 3rd party fan? - (looking at a Accelero X1 right now.)

While I have your attention, is there any company out there besides BFG that has a lifetime warranty?

BTW, first post here. I'm an old NV Planet Veteran.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I'm thinking about getting an 7900 Gt. But, I've been hearing that they are kinda loud. (I currently have a x800 Pro, its a little loud for me.)

My question: What company won't void my warranty if I install a 3rd party fan? - (looking at a Accelero X1 right now.)

While I have your attention, is there any company out there besides BFG that has a lifetime warranty?

BTW, first post here. I'm an old NV Planet Veteran.
You might want to

confirm this, but i've read that eVGA is the only company to honour warranty

if you've changed cooler. Not to mention, they have the 90 day stepup

plan, if you want to upgade. eVGA is lifetime, but only on certain part #'s.

ie: a part that ends with AX = lifetime warranty.

a part that ends with TX = 1year warranty.

Sooo...Great cards, and warranty+ stepup plan, just choose your model

# carefully.

BTW....Welcome, and GL :wink:

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
If you decide to change the cooler then just keep the stock cooler. If the card gets broken/fried/destroyed then replace the stock fan and send it back to the manufacturers for warranty repair/replacement. How can the manufacturer know if you have ever removed the stock cooler? Im not saying that Im shady but I think the after market coolers are better than the stock and all manufacturers should allow costumers this modification on the card without compromising the warranty. :wink:

dangerdave

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004
Sounds good. I checked XFX's site, they have a lifetime warranty too. These companies must know that people are using 3rd party stuff, maybe they don't want to be liable for all the bad installations people do.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Your exactly right, it's not the fact that aftermarket vga coolers are better but it's about the consumer damaging the card itself while removing and replacing coolers and thats why almost all graphics card manufacturers condemed their costumer from doing this. It's very easy to replace the coolers and careful about static as well. One thing also replace the thermal paste with a good one like Artic Silver 5 which give you 3-5c lower temps.