MultiMonitorview angle ?

jean

Hi !

Where can I ajust the view angle of foward right & foward left positon in
fs2004, because my side monitors are not 45 degrees they are at around 20

jean

GREGORY

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:02:07 -0400, "jean" <jyt@sympatico.ca> brought
the following to our attention:

>Hi !
>
>Where can I ajust the view angle of foward right & foward left positon in
>fs2004, because my side monitors are not 45 degrees they are at around 20
>
>jean

He's asking about the Panel.cfg settings?.. to match the angle of his
monitors. See the DIR= below of 45.00 and 315.00 -- change them.

[VIEWS]

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.000, 0.000, 0.000

VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=36
VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.800
VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=3.500, 0.000, 45.000

VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=35
VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=0.900
VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=3.500, 0.000, 315.000

notice also the FOR_DIR looks down by 3.00 deg and side_DIR are 3.50
see the SDK's for more info.

-Gregory

> Where can I ajust the view angle of foward right & foward left positon in
> fs2004, because my side monitors are not 45 degrees they are at around 20

Are you using WideView or a Parhelia-type configuration (or other
multi-monitor setup)? As a Parhelia user I have my side monitors at about
30degrees, which is reasonably accurate although not perfect - unfortunately
this comes down to space in my cupboard - can't make them any different!

Would be interested to know if you do get a solution.

D.

David Wright wrote:
>> Where can I ajust the view angle of foward right & foward left
>> positon in fs2004, because my side monitors are not 45 degrees they
>> are at around 20
>
> Are you using WideView or a Parhelia-type configuration (or other
> multi-monitor setup)? As a Parhelia user I have my side monitors at
> about 30degrees, which is reasonably accurate although not perfect -
> unfortunately this comes down to space in my cupboard - can't make
> them any different!
> Would be interested to know if you do get a solution.

> D.

It must all be a matter of taste, as with my three Parhelia monitors I have
tried different positions and ended up preferring the three set up in a
straight line! I find this the most realistic solution.
see

http://community.webshots.com/photo/226444109uoDjNL

--
Cheers
Quilly

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

jean

What's Parhelia is it software from Matrox ?

When you climb, do the side images go down and when you decent do the side
images go up ?

jean

"David Wright" <nonewsgroupspam@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3mj9o8F177nnqU1@individual.net...
>> Where can I ajust the view angle of foward right & foward left positon in
>> fs2004, because my side monitors are not 45 degrees they are at around 20
>>

> Are you using WideView or a Parhelia-type configuration (or other
> multi-monitor setup)? As a Parhelia user I have my side monitors at about
> 30degrees, which is reasonably accurate although not perfect -
> unfortunately this comes down to space in my cupboard - can't make them
> any different!
>
> Would be interested to know if you do get a solution.
>
> D.

jean

No I'am using 2 Asus NVidia N6800 with 2 dvi output con.
so I can drive 4 monitors but I use one for instrument panel

WideView is use only if we put 3 pc with 3 monitors in a client network with
a server.

So we must be able to rotate the graphic of the 4 monitors inside winxp or
fs9

jean
"Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de news:
de1tpl$lnp$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> David Wright wrote:
>>> Where can I ajust the view angle of foward right & foward left
>>> positon in fs2004, because my side monitors are not 45 degrees they
>>> are at around 20
>>
>> Are you using WideView or a Parhelia-type configuration (or other
>> multi-monitor setup)? As a Parhelia user I have my side monitors at
>> about 30degrees, which is reasonably accurate although not perfect -
>> unfortunately this comes down to space in my cupboard - can't make
>> them any different!
>> Would be interested to know if you do get a solution.
>

>> D.
>
> It must all be a matter of taste, as with my three Parhelia monitors I
> have tried different positions and ended up preferring the three set up in
> a straight line! I find this the most realistic solution.
> see
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/226444109uoDjNL
>
> --
> Cheers
> Quilly
>

> Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
> http://www.livtech.co.uk

> What's Parhelia is it software from Matrox ?

Parhelia is a range of video cards from Matrox - not particularly powerful
by todays standards, but each single card is capable of driving 3 monitors.
Personally I have it driving 3 15" TFT's arranged in a wrap-around
environment, with FS2004 working in 3072x768 resolution.

> When you climb, do the side images go down and when you decent do the side
> images go up ?

Yes, well kind of - you get the impression that the center monitor is the
forward view, and the left and right monitors are about 30degree left and
right views - very nice for a sense of surround gaming, and they all move in
unison.

I've posted this before - but here's a photo of my setup -
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=IMG_3205.JPG

D.

jean

Hi David !